Sign in to follow this  
lmknjbhvgc

14 years passed but, feelings are same

Merry Christmas everyone 😊

I met my cousin 14 years ago, fell in love with him the moment I saw him. Between now and then many things happened, but feelings are not going away. I have an urge to contact him, but I made myself look a fool during past 3 years, I contacted him assuming he feels the same way. 

I do not want to let it go, because I know if we get a chance we have great potential together. Anyway, my ex is completely out of my life, I was confused between him and my cousin even after six years of breakup but last week, all of a sudden everything started making sense to me and i realized that it does not matter how much we cared for each other or tried to be with one another but, he was unable to replace my cousin. 

My cousin is different from all, the kind of feelings I get with him are out of this world. I feel like this relationship is worth exploring, I got one life and not going to spend it with the wrong person. But, I can't message my cousin I don't want him to hate me or even think that I am desparate. This whole process is painstakingly slow ☹, I wish I could fast forward my life a lil bit lol. Let's see what the future holds for me, till then going to continue eenjoying singlehood. 

Peace :)

embrace being single! it is during this time that you will grow strong enough emotionally to have a beautiful relationship in the future, whether it is your cousin or someone else. is your cousin single?

Aww thank you ☺

Hmm I don't think he is single and that's the reason I am not going to contact him directly. 

The feelings we share are worth exploring and I feel like I am ready. Also, if it is meant to be it will happen, and I have a hope because it just feels so right. Regardless of everything else, I want him to be happy and all I can do for him is to respect his privacy and let him decide. It is worth the wait, whatever is meant to happen it will happen, you know the saying "let go and let God", that is exactly how I feel.

When I was with my ex, I was very confused emotionally throughout the relationship and I did not want to break his heart, so I stayed in that relationship because I didn't want to hurt him or make him feel cheated by me. I am happy that he ended it because even though I was loyal to him and reassured him all the time that I was not going anywhere, I could not love him wholeheartedly and could not form a soul connection with him. We tried and tried, on and off for many years, it was a burden which I wanted to let go off but, I just didn't have the courage to hurt him. Now I believe in divine timing, I needed to go through that breakup in order to grow and learn important lessons. 

On 12/26/2018 at 3:53 PM, LadyC said:

embrace being single! it is during this time that you will grow strong enough emotionally to have a beautiful relationship in the future, whether it is your cousin or someone else. is your cousin single?

No, he is not single.