DillerDahl

Complicated 2 cousin question

Question

Hi, the thing is my mom and dad are 2 cousins. My dad's mom and dad are also 2 cousins (said in another way my grandparents on my fathers side are 2 cousins). What does this make me besides being inbreed? On my moms side there is no relation

Am i double second cousins? Or something else. 

Thanks

9 answers to this question

it does not make you inbred. your parents are 2nd cousins. that is genetically no more similar than two UNrelated people. as for what relation that makes you to your parents? THEIR CHILD.

oh, and your grandparents' kinship to each other doesn't change anything about this equation.

get a grip. it sounds like you are trying to find something to resent them for. i get it. it's a teenager's role in life to hate their parents. but you're going to have to find some other excuse, because this one is just plain stupid. 

• Like 1

What you write dosent fit the scientific data. you say i quote "your parents are 2nd cousins. that is genetically no more similar than two UNrelated people"

https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/articles/212170668-Average-percent-DNA-shared-between-relatives

So 3% to 5% is no more similar than normal unrealted people? You can go and ask any scientist they would laugh at yuor face definetly. 

They share way more than unralelated people. Second cousins are not anything near normal marrige. Either you must be plain stupid, or have denial problems on your own.

It dosent fit with all of the other data on the field too. I know alot of people that are facing difficulties cuz of cousin marrige. The internet is deeply filled with people that are in denial for all sorts of things i guess. 

Thougt comming to this forum and seeking answers would give me something. But seems like people in denial exist here.

If you make 1 cousin marrige 2 times in a row you are inbreed. I know people up here with alot of difficulties.

Research has been done on this in uk on the pakistanis. In one municipality the pakistanis make up 30% of the disabled why they only make up 3% of the population of that city.

Guess its healthy to make cousin marrige. Maybe you should go and read on wikipedia, or somewhere else. 1 cosuin marrige doubles the risk by 100%. The whole quality of the product falls.

2 cousins carry also a risk, it is smaller but still there. You can read about the Amish people and so alot of research has been done on this field.

If you want more than research you can travel to middle east and see for yourself. Im Turkish myself and seen the problems firsthand. 

So next time before you go play professor, read up on the subject. As said you can look at the link above, to see the genetical material shared. 

If you want more data i can link it. By the way im 29 years old, not a teenager. I know alot about the subject but have difficulties making out what i am in realiton to if i am dobuble second cousin o not. Hope you will study the subject so next time, somebody else want, have to read your comment with no scientific background

Edited by DillerDahl

My fault i looked indside the forum, and see thats its a place for people, that have married their cousins. 

People in denial like Darwins, Son. That have made up their own psudo science. 

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/charles-darwins-family-tree-tangled-with-inbreeding-early-death/

Guess i could write and help you people alot, and make a scientific discussion. But now you will feel that your belief is attacked and probably throw me out. 

You will overlook the problems cousin marrige have. Im not saying that all normal marrige is good. Like a 40 year old woman getting a child is also harmful. 

But you cannot compare it in the same way. 

The data you have on the site doenst in any way fit the the data, that is 100% legit and out there. 

This site is almost like the same as pedofiles trying to convince themselfs that what they are doing is alright. Im not saying cousin marrige is bad, a mother on drugs are way worse for the undevelop child. 

But first 1,2.3.4 cosuin all carry a risk. 1 and 2 carry way more and also 3 

It can also have benefits, in some ways. But still this site seems to me like, alot of denial. 

The fact is out there you ccan look at the Pakistani communities, and pakistan. You can look at Turkey and other arab countrys. You can look at Darwins family

You can read all of the scientific data, which is solid numbers on disabled people. 

I also like the fact that my comment is hidden and cannot be seen until approved, freedon of speech :-)

Edited by DillerDahl

DillerDahl:

Welcome to cc.com and thanks for your question. I am afraid that LadyC is correct and doesn't need a lesson on genetics. Hey, there is certainly room for all of us to learn more about DNA and kinship. You are so distantly related that I can't determine what your relationship is. You are not double cousins and you certainly are not inbred. You are just uninformed.

The Brittish Pakistanis that you referenced are an anomaly -- a fluke resulting from the founder effect. Feel free to look that term up. Your stats are too wacky to correct. Good luck to you and please take a chill pill.

• Like 1

Take a chill pill indeed! Why too hot?

Then you conclude right away that you are being censored. Geez man, you are very funny. Is it not possible that you got that link so that the forum wont get spammed or somethingbbn or other reason? Its really because the admin of this forum want you censored right?

You gotta be careful man.. i bet you dont talk like that in your everyday conversation. Coz id you do, I dont know man... lol

Pooch

that's ok, dilly-doll here has no way of knowing that i spent two years researching this subject under the direct and indirect tutelage of world reknowned genetics experts like robin bennett (former president of the NSGC) and alan bittles (edith cowan university/centre for human genetics and murdoch university centre for comparitive genomics) and martin ottenheimer, professor of social anthropology and the author of textbook "forbidden relatives: the american myth of cousin marriage".

he has no way of knowing how many times i have been interviewed for my expertise on the subject for magazines (discover) and on radio and television programs owned by both fox news and abc news. he has no way of knowing that i was consulted to fact check a chapter on genetic risks to children of cousin couples in a book written by john stossel. he 

he's more interested in whining about how pathetic he thinks his gene pool is. for all his bravado and talk of educating us, he must think himself terribly mentally deficient, given that he is a product of 2nd cousin marriage himself. 🙄

1 hour ago, LadyC said:

forbidden relatives: the american myth of cousin marriage".

LadyC,

Correct me if I am wrong okay but this the MagnaCarta of cousin marriage eh? 😅

Pooch

He probably got that idea from watching the made-for-tv movie, which paints Shemp in a horrible light. If you haven't seen it yet Baggie, don't.

I was wondering what the music that plays in the dance scene of this short is?. Is it a popular piece of the time or just something unknown?. Whatever it is, it has a nice bop to it