Jterds

My cousin started to date someone, and I feel terribly heartbroken

My cousin and I just recently met as teens. I felt an instant attraction to her, and I’m fairly sure she did as well. We would brush up against each other and hold hands everytime we were alone. Now I just found out that she started dating and I am ceasing to function. I really can’t do any of my daily tasks. I’m still in highschool, and my grades are begging to drop. I really don’t know what to do. I really can’t do anything without feeling this sense is emptiness. I NEED HELP

Talk to her but only when you are alone, that will ease your pain. But, do not expect her to reciprocate same feelings for you.

You have a long adventurous road ahead of you lol, you will require a lot of patience. Once you confess your feelings nothing will remain the same. Do it only when you are ready to face the consequences. 

Good luck

Do not take my advice if it does not resonate with you, confess your feelings only if you have a strong feeling that you should and even then expect sudden upheaval. 

Strongs feelings can be deceiving and can give you bad and hurtful experience. So, do what you know is right for u and you should be doing. I strongly recommend follow your brain and not your heart. If she has feelings for you she will tell you one day.

Thanks for the advice. I’m just so distraught at the moment. She has joked around before about liking me, except I’m certain they weren’t jokes. I am also currently dating someone and it seems like that is also bothering her. I just don’t know what to really do. Im pooping painkillers in order to ease my emotional pain, but that only goes so far. Im planning on telling her how I really feel about her this weekend. Even if she does not recoprocate the same feelings towards me, it will finally answer the question that I’ve been yearning to know. Wish me luck, I’ll really need it.

Hmm its hard to conclude anything without knowing the details and it will not be a wise thing to give you advice based on my own experience. But, make sure that you are not just assuming that she has a bf just because she talks to a male friend. For an example, I know nothing about my cousin's life and I have strong urge to contact him (assuming he also feels the same way for me), but based on my previous experience I control my feelings, not because I don't like him or anything but, I feel like I have no right to intervene his personal life unless he wants to talk to me. Similarly, if your cousin shows you that she is happy with someone then respect her decision and love at a distance if you can lol.

When I look back at my life and previous relationship, I laugh. I am aware of the kind of feelings I have for my cousin, but I will not say a thing to him because I know I tried and he didn't like it, so if he wants to then he will contact me. If its meant to be it will happen at the right time, only God knows.

Anyway, good luck! If you truly love each other, it will happen when you two are ready for it. At that time, everything will fall in place. Till then have a fun ride 😉.

Jterds, please do not abuse the pain pills. It is one of the nastiest addictions around. Start vaping, find Mary Jane, or drink you a cold beer on the weekends -- all which are very bad ideas. But much much much better than the pain pills.

Your first love loss will be the hardest. The girls can make us crazy, can't they? Hey man -- you can't let them. Your cousin is not married and she has no commitments. She is just living life. Lighten up.

You sound profoundly depressed; don't be self-medicating. If you seriously can't function, maybe you should talk to someone like a counselor. When you come through this, you will have learned a lot about yourself, life, and your cousin too. You will be much tougher and have the wisdom that only life can bring.

And stop whining. You may very well marry this girl someday. And then you can lament! Hahaha! Now that is funny right there. Good luck man!

I just want to make sure that everyone understands that I am not promoting doing drugs in any way. I am trying to say, do anything but abuse pain pills unless becoming a homeless heroin addict appeals to you. 

Hello everyone, Im giving an update onto this whole situation. So basically, I finally got over the fact that she was dating someone else, but more importantly, she has shown that she does indeed have feelings for me. I chickened out of telling her my true feelings, but sooner or later, she will know,. I want to thank everyone who tried to help, I really appreciate it. I have since stopped taking the pain pills and feel great. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1