KC

I'm the last kissing cousin in the world!

Where is everyone! Man! Do I have BO or something? <sniff sniff>. Have I finally ran everyone off and the website into the ground? LOL

I've finally deleted Facebook and now I have too much time on my hands. I have volunteered as a tech support person at Mozilla. I try to help out the idiot programmers and webmasters at Stack Exchange. I help out on a Christian forum. I do this just to break the monotony of my own computer projects.

Anyone else deleted Facebook recently? I'm sick of all the mindless memes. If you make an intelligent post, people scroll on past looking for the next picture. And don't get me started on the data breaches incl our personal pictures. 

Maybe this forum is slow because there are no more kissing cousins in the world. Perhaps I am the last one. Could be!

• Like 1

i hate all the memes and political crap on FB. i have a browser filter that will eliminate all that, but it will only work from my laptop, and i usually access FB from my phone. but i can't bring myself to delete it. what christian forum do you help with?

8 hours ago, KC said:

If you make an intelligent post, people scroll on past looking for the next picture. 

The thing about posting comments, on any forum, is how much time do you want to spend arguing?  My experience with posting on forums is that people disagree.  I, personally, don't care to argue, I care to get my information from what I consider to be reliable sources, that I don't have to argue with.  So I'm not likely to comment on anyone's intelligent posts.

I was right there, in 1992, when I discovered my first forum before the internet really got going, and that's all I experienced on forums, was lots of arguing.  I experienced the same things in years subsequent to 1992.  So I gave up discussing on forums, long ago.  Besides, there really isn't much to learn from people's comments and questions.  For real knowledge, I try to find more people/sources in the know.

Hope this doesn't lead to an argument ;)

Ambra

LadyC, if you filter all the memes on FB, is there anything left in your feed? I liked FB because my favorite bands would post their touring schedules there. Now I have just joined their newsletters and I am good. I think 1/2 of my "friends" had me blocked anyway because I'm so off-the-wall sometimes -- well most of the time -- ok ok all of the time! I like to raise Cain and the little snowflakes can't take any kind of a joke these days. Sad!

Ambra, I was just at a Christian forum where a guy said (to me), "I want to challenge your notion that Adam and Eve were naked in the garden." I've learned not to waste my energy. I did say, "Prove it!" 

Now Ambra, I want to challenge your aversion to forum arguments! Let's have a row! I do not like the way you sign your name at the end of a post cause I already know who posted. It's redundant so let's get this settled right now LOL LOL

Even if you’re the last one I’m sure your not the last prospective opportunity. I’m trying, sadly failing, but I’ll be here trying not to be too sad at my own situation 😂.

I keep my fb account to keep up with long lost friends mostly.

Been missing you Boss!!

I don't post much and what little I do post is probably not worth any one arguing over or about!! LOL

And NO you are not the last kissin' cousin left!

hi nat!

ok, i hate the arguing on forums and social media too. i don't waste much time with that. i'll voice my opinion and then rarely come back to see what anybody said, and if i get notifications on a comment i've made, i turn them off. 

kc, you're right though. without memes, i might never see anything at all on my newsfeed. the bad part is that if i blocked memes, i'd have to block all images, and then i'd miss some great photography from people i know.  i've thought about going dark for a while again, but last night i got a reminder of why i should stay on it. i got a message from the daughter of someone we were friends with in vegas many years ago saying he'd died. i would never have known if i'd already deactivated my account.

guess i'll stay on there for a while.maybe i should just keep messenger on the phone, remove the fb app, and access the website from my laptop. then i can use fbpurity to block anything political.

I do Facebook, somewhat reluctantly. Primarily as a way to keep in touch with family and friends throughout NDN Country. The overwhelming majority of folks on my "friends" list are people I actually know in the real world, but I am really conscious about my privacy, and generally don't post about my personal life. I can't stand the political bickering, from the left or the right. It seems to me it serves mostly to antagonize those you might disagree with to no benefit for anyone.