<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alex123

I'm in love with my second cousin but idk what to do about it

Guest Alex123

I'm a 17 year old girl from India and I think I'm in love with my second cousin who lives in the US. He's 3.5 years older to me. We met about 5 months back on a weekend trip and we instantly bonded. He's pretty incredible and he's exactly the kind of guy I wanna be with. He's really smart, funny, good looking, compassionate..... I could go on for hours. My point is, ever since I've met him, I can't seem to get my mind off him and I don't know what to do about it. When I first met him, I was on a trip with some 40 other people but he would completely ignore all others and talk to me for hours or sit next to me in a room full of people and steal any moment he could, with me. He dropped so many hints that if he wasn't my second cousin, I'd have asked him out already. He was also super protective of me ( I dont think it was his brotherly concern or whatever because the guy had just met me and besides there were so many of our others cousins he could show his brotherly concern to). We spent 3 days together on the trip and after a few days, we met again before he left the country. I saw the way he looked at me when he thought I wasn't looking and I was so sure that my feelings were reciprocated so I thought I'd try and stay in touch with him and maybe we could take it slow but he hasn't taken any extra efforts to stay in touch. I haven't recieved any hint after that so now idk what to do. He wouldsnap me once after I'd snapped him some 4 times. I've considered the possibility that he was just physically attracted to me but the little things just don't add up. He has had many opportunities to make a move on me if it was for the physical stuff and he hasn't. He's displayed real chivalrous behaviour every time. Now it's been 5 months and I still can't stop thinking about him. I don't know if I should tell him. Usually I'm pretty upfront about my feelings but this time I feel like if it isn't reciprocated and if he doesn't think of me as anything more than a cousin, then my relationship with him will be scarred for a lifetime. I've tried moving on but i can't. I can't even get myself to look at other guys that way because it somehow feels like cheating on him so i dont even know what to think anymore. Please help me out....

It can't hurt (well maybe it can) to ask him, "It seems like we had an attraction to each other on our weekend trip.  Am I just imagining things?".  If he doesn't feel the same way as you at least you will know and you can move on.  But you'll never know unless you ask :)

Guest Alex123
10 hours ago, Serendipity said:

It can't hurt (well maybe it can) to ask him, "It seems like we had an attraction to each other on our weekend trip.  Am I just imagining things?".  If he doesn't feel the same way as you at least you will know and you can move on.  But you'll never know unless you ask :)

Hey, thanks for your advice! I feel like I should ask him too but I'm too scared. If it was just some random guy, this wouldn't have been a problem but this guy is family (distant but still family). If he doesn't feel the same way, things will obviously get super awkward between us, maybe even after I manage to move on....