Guest Ariel1917

MS.

Question

Guest Ariel1917

I am recently divorced. My cousin supported me when everyone else seemed to disappear during this time. He recently told me that he's been in love with me for the last 35 years.  Same holds true for me.  I just couldn't deal with hurting my family back then so I took off. I only recently discovered one of the most conservative voices in the christian faith confirmed marriage between cousins is not against God's word.  We have been spending a lot of time together and we make each other happy, very happy. I'm the hangup.  Worried about my mom mainly.  She's been through so much and I don't want her hurt. She's 78. Should I even tell her?  We know we want to spend the rest of our lives together. I care what God and my mom think. My kids are good. Any input would be appreciated. 

3 answers to this question

i think you should talk to her about it. she may surprise you and be completely supportive.

hey, can you provide me a link to that "conservative voice in the christian faith" you mentioned? i have been communicating privately with another member who is really struggling with this lately, and my assurances and scriptural references don't seem to be helping her.

There's about three accounts in the Bible the show God's approval of cousincouples as long as it doesn't violate state law. Just find those scriptures and show them to your mom or other family, or whoever ask about your relationship.

Regardless of what they say, remind them that this shows God's view toward cousin couples. If they still insist that it's wrong remind them that, as far as you're concerned, the Bible has the final say so and is the final Authority on all matters of life and it is the Standard that you use to determine what is right and wrong. Then ask them what do they use as a standard for determining right and wrong?

Again, regardless of their answer, no standard is higher or more accurate then God's word.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 4:33 PM, Quentin said:

There's about three accounts in the Bible the show God's approval of cousincouples as long as it doesn't violate state law. Just find those scriptures and show them to your mom or other family, or whoever ask about your relationship.

Regardless of what they say, remind them that this shows God's view toward cousin couples. If they still insist that it's wrong remind them that, as far as you're concerned, the Bible has the final say so and is the final Authority on all matters of life and it is the Standard that you use to determine what is right and wrong. Then ask them what do they use as a standard for determining right and wrong?

Again, regardless of their answer, no standard is higher or more accurate then God's word.

Amen brother!

And Im glad that the cousincouples site has that section about Christians too... Have you checked on the tab for us Christians on the home page? 😊

Pooch