• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest rudy

I think my first cousin was flirting with me but won't admit it. Help?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

My first cousin and I have not seen each other for like 20+ years. He is 26 and I am 30. We were at a family function and all was well. I was speaking with his mom and mine and then, suddenly, I noticed him looking me over. And I mean, in a very obvious way, or at least it was to me. I looked over at him because I needed to confirm it and he leaned in, smiled and gazed into my eyes. He didn't say a word. I stared at him because I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on. I broke the gaze and then, looked around the room to see if anyone else noticed what happened. They didn't so I thought I was hallucinating. To make sure it didn't happen again, I avoided eye contact with him but I could still see him watching me out of the corner of my eye. He tried to be sly about it a few times but I caught him unbeknownst to him. Well, later on at the function, I got separated from the group and I saw him and was about to ask him where everyone was but then, he gave me this INTENSE look. It was crazy. I couldn't move it was so intense. Then, he tried to make his way over to me to talk alone. You know how guys approach, nervous, fidgeting with their hands and looking around to make sure no one is watching. I took off before he could get to me. Then, I was walking toward another room and looked back and he was watching me but averted his gaze. Then, he came over and asked where the bathroom was and I pointed to it, making sure to keep my distance, and he walked away but didn't go to the bathroom. Then, he walked over again and I pointed to the bathroom. He walked over to it but turned around and came back. I'm not an expert but it sounds like he was interested in me.

So I tried to talk to him about it because I just needed to know I wasn't hallucinating. He's a sweet and fairly honest guy so I thought we could just openly talk about it. But now he's saying that it was all me. That I'm some weirdo that made all of that up. And that he would never do such a thing. I apologized for making him feel uncomfortable about it and tried to brush it off but he won't talk to me anymore. Do you think I over thought this? Was this just him being shy about talking to me? I don't even know why he would be because we are family. You know? Am I crazy? Was it a bad idea bringing it up?

wow i think hes mean.. maybe you should just shrug it off, if he doesn't wanna admit it or hes not man enough to admit it then forget him hes not worth your time. Your not crazy! he was playing like he was in to you and people don't just imagine something so intense. my opinion is men just like to play games, don't let him play games with you. ignore him right back and avoid him. turn up your nose at him and he'll get the message your not someone to be messed with.

You say that he is "fairly honest" - although I'm not sure what that means.  A person is either honest or they're not.  Personally, I want an honest man.  Period.  Anyway, if you believe him to be a honest person and he tells you that you were just imagining a connection with him, then I would take him at his word.

I'm still not sure why you felt you needed to clear the air over this.  If you had waited and invited him out for a cup of coffee or even spent some time that evening just talking to him, you may have learned all you need to know without looking like a crazy, needy chick.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0