Jump to content
<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
  • 0



We live in Oregon, where marriage is illegal for us. It's legal to cohabitate and whatnot. But not to marry. 

My question is, if we go to say California or Colorado to get married. Does Oregon recognize it or is it void? Some sites I found say it's not void and some say it is. 


Help ! ???

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Administrator

It appears that you can't simply go to another state to circumvent your state law, unfortunately. You can move to a legal state and then move back. You would need to discuss this with an attorney.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...