Sign in to follow this  
AlmondDante1994

Not sure what our status is, but I like my cousin

Okay so my father and her grand father are between 1st-2nd cousins. What would that make us?  I really like her but not sure if she likes me , but I’d atleast like to know what we are family wise. Then from there, is figuring out if maybe she likes me too. If so then it’s getting the courage to say something. If not then it’s about letting go. I guess not sure any help is nice.      

We live in California USA 

Edited by AlmondDante1994

More context. Although we are family, due to my parents split up when I was an infant. We never met each other till about 1 2/3 years ago. We have a lot in common. But I haven’t had many relationships to go off of so not sure how she might feel about me. But again would like to know what we are in the family tree

You need to find out exactly the relation of your father and her grandfather. There’s no “between” first and second cousins. Lol. They are either first cousins, first cousins once removed, or second cousins. All that obviously matters because then it allows us to determine what you are to her. 

The removed part is if there is a generational difference. For instance, my dad’s first cousin is my first cousin once removed. The son or daughter of my dad’s first cousin is my second cousin. 

Also, how old are you two? 

Edited by AlisonK

So what are you hesitant about? You like her and want to find out if she likes you? I don’t think your experience with relationships will play a role in any of this. Just get to know her. Be friends. You can definitely do stuff together and since you’re cousins that allows for less pressure than other types of situations. You’ll figure out soon enough if your feelings are reciprocated. Just go off her and be aware — make sure you’re not trying to force anything.