• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leanna234

Pregnancy with first Cousin

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, as you can guess I am in love with my first cousin and now am pregnant, I have been pregnant before now 3 times and all ended in miscarriages  :cry:

Anyway i just wanted to know what your thoughts are on me having a successful pregnancy i'm not sure if the miscarriages could be down to us being first cousins or not.

I know i can have children and carry them to term as I already have 2 beautiful children from a previous relationship.

i doubt this is because you are with your first cousin, although in some cultures there have been (very) slightly elevated risk for miscarriage in first cousin marriages. i think that is pretty much in cultures where consanguinity is common and several generations of cousin couples precede the couple trying to conceive.

my best friend has two daughters from her first marriage, and for years i cried with her as she had miscarriage after miscarriage with her second husband. i even had to take her to the ER during two of those miscarriages, because her husband was at work and i lived just around the corner. it just absolutely devastated her. it got to the point where whenever she'd find out she was pregnant, she wouldn't tell anyone but me (and her husband and kids) because she was afraid of getting all those sympathetic looks and comments from people at church and community everytime she lost one. but then she finally was able to go full term, and she had another little girl. two years later, she had another little girl. and now, still two more years later, she and her current husband are expecting a third baby together, and as much as they'd like a little boy this time, they'll be happy if they welcome a fifth daughter into the family.

so don't give up hope. i know it's hard, and i know it's heartbreaking every time you lose a child, but that doesn't mean you and your cousin can't carry to term!

Hi,

I don't feel that it has nothing to do with being first cousins and I am a nurse. I am also thinking about more children have 3 already in twenties from previous relationship, now i am completely and deeply in love with my first cousin and won't to give him a child before it is two late I am 39yrs old and would like to give it a shot. He loves me but he knows sometimes I am distance due to guilt about our relationship and know our family wont understand but its to the point that a marriage and a child is all I wont with him. I pray it works out for you and me, I feel that in the end we all deserve happiness with those we love even with our first cousin.

Dear Leanna,

Dont give up! I would consider undergoing a more serious examinations and tests to make sure everything is fine.

I hope everything works well for you and TT

Leanna,

You really need to talk to an obstretician. She/he will be able to give you the best advice to minimise the risk of a miscarriage.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0