Don

1st Cousin Once Removed in Illinois Marriage?

Has anyone on here got married to their first cousin once removed in Illinois?

I looked at the state laws page and it does say it’s allowed but again you guys do say to ask a lawyer. 

Just want to know if anyone on here has got married here or talked to a lawyer and knows for sure. Thanks! 

It contingent upon whatever "first degree cousins are." Ahhh. These outmoded terms are unbearable. I'm left scratching my head. We have it listed as prohibited in IL but I am questioning that.

Best advice is contact a lawyer to make sure. The state laws page may not always be completely up to date

as things can change since they were last updated.

We have it as "First cousins and first cousins once removed  prohibited only if they can bear children or are over a certain age."

If you find out any different, please let us know. I want to provide the most accurate information on the web.

Yes, but it appears to be color coordinated with purple indicating first cousin once removed which says Indiana and Wisconsin. 

Yes I do need to ask a lawyer but just wanted to ask if someone on here already talked to one and got married in Illinois. 

Edited by Don

color coordination? oops. Yes! You are right. LadyC did the verbose table and I did the map. We combined two websites so I had never noticed this before.