Asteriia

Advice about Major Crush on Cousin.

Recently, I have met up with a very distant cousin. He is my Father's Sister''s son. Which I believe makes him my first cousin. But I seem to have developed a major crush on him. We're both younger teens but him being older than me by six months. But on a recent Sunday we hung out at a family gathering and we swam and stuff and my feelings began to deepen for him? But I didn't really acknowledge it/I tried to not acknowledge it and I thought maybe after he left I only got sad/upset because I felt bored as these other cousins I was with were quiet boring and younger than me. Though I haven't been able to stop thinking about him and It has made me lose my focus and such. Personally, I really like him but there are complications as I live in the North-West of the United States and the state I'm in bans marriage. I haven't thought about marriage I just sort of wish we weren't related as I want to be with him but there's many problems. Any advice from fellow peers?

It’s a tricky one Asteriia, I think when you are younger stuff is already very intense and confusing before you add in something like this. You both have a long way to go in life and there is a risk a mistake now could make things hard for you both and for your family. A strong friendship is also a special thing to share with someone and a good foundation for the future if that is still what you feel is right down the track. It’s hard to imagine how much time you have when you are young but you have lots. 

Also if it’s the law where you are you should follow that for now even if you don’t agree with it.

Edited by Louisa

On 6/10/2019 at 10:46 PM, Asteriia said:

But on a recent Sunday we hung out at a family gathering and we swam and stuff and my feelings began to deepen for him?

How long was this recent? And also, have you known him since when you guys were little kids?

Pooch