• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest maybaby

Feelings for second cousin, advice please?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

6 posts in this topic

I know this might sound juvinile at times because I am describing the small details like younger girls who are clueless about relationships but this is a different relationship and I want opinions so I don't make a bad choice.

Alright well I have a second cousin Adam, the only second cousin that I think I know in my whole family! We met 4 years ago at a funeral of one of my first cousins once removed that I had never met, I went to support family members who knew him and for my mom. We flirted then but it was the way children do, I was 13 then so I am 17 now. We didn't talk since four years ago but now we live within an hour of each other and my great aunt Ruby was in town and staying with them because he is her grandson, my 2nd cousin, so I went to see her! I saw Adam and we hung out a little that night but not much because I was with the family and he wasn't as much, when we hung out it was when the rest of the family was in another room.

Anyway his stepmom Beth says she adores me and I can be her daughter and such so I am invited over there pretty much anytime even though we are barely related and have only really seen each other maybe 5 times and thats 3 times four years ago and two times recently! Last time I was over was after Ruby went home and I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies which sadly did not rise properly but beth assures me they were still good. Anyway me and Adam hung out then too, I didn't flirt to much because since his step mom is so accepting of me now I'm kinda afraid that they see me as close family and would take it bad if we did date.

Adam and I hung out in his room and talked and hung out for a while and he was saying he liked BSU but then said he would like to go to the college I told him I wanted to go to! He gave me his football jersey to wear... idk why because its not like I was going to take it but it was sweet, so i pretty much just modeled it for him =D then he said he wanted me to go to his football games and he has also brought up the fact that we are barely related. We constantly catch each others eyes in public like in front of others, its like we say something then look at each other to let the other know its an inside thing with them so its not as innocent as it seems or just to let them know we were thinking of them. I think he likes me but advice!! My grandma, My great aunt ruby's sister told me she didn't know how she felt about it but we were 2nd cousins so its not as big of deal to her and I think she won't snub me because she didn't try at all to discourage it and listened to me spout the facts I learned from here and research!

maybaby,

My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now.  We are also 2nd cousins.  When I first asked her out I played it off as just being a dinner as friends so that I could talk to her about something (as we would often talk to each other for advice).  The entire day before that dinner I was so nervous that I felt sick.  I was afraid that she would think I was a freak for even suggesting it, and that afterwards the rest of the family would know about it...  So that night it was all I could do to tell her how I felt, and it turns out that she had been feeling suspected that I felt this way for a little while, and had done some research about cousin relationships herself.  Once we got past the tough part of breaking the news to friends and family, it turns out that almost everyone was completely supportive.  And the few who were not showed their true colors as fair-weather friends.  Now, I regularly forget that we are even related.  Today she is my girlfriend, and nothing else crosses my mind!  Occasionally we will have an awkward situation, when someone accidentally introduces her brother as my cousin, but now we just laugh it off, as most people will never think anything of it. 

If you have feelings for your 2nd cousin, you should not be afraid to bring it up.  Marriage is legal everywhere for 2nd cousins, and most people that you meet will not even suspect that you are related.  Good Luck!

How could you have Girl friend type feelings for your cousin first or second? You should just date your sister I say this because cousins share the same blood line even second cousins are related. Have we not moved on? look at were the world is and some ignorant people are dating there cousins (Sisters)

For the name of god please do not date or worse marry your cousin because its SICK and your kids will be born disabled then they will not be able to reproduce and you will have no family left like that

How could you have Girl friend type feelings for your cousin first or second? You should just date your sister I say this because cousins share the same blood line even second cousins are related. Have we not moved on? look at were the world is and some ignorant people are dating there cousins (Sisters)

For the name of god please do not date or worse marry your cousin because its SICK and your kids will be born disabled then they will not be able to reproduce and you will have no family left like that

we can look around this forum and see some ignorant people spouting off bigoted statements about something that they know nothing about, too. take a look in a mirror lately? i could educate you on the facts, of which you are grossly ignorant and misinformed, but i suspect you're not intelligent enough to even want to know the truth. otherwise, you'd have already done some research.

it's people like you who really have no business raising children, not us.

I also am starting to have feelings for my second cousin. Though I am having dome problems. 1: his sister is a close friend o mine and it would be kinds weird... 2: he is a year younger. But only 1 year so not that weird.... 3: I could never be able tl break it to my family

My 2nd cousin (in my opinion) is cute and extremely athletic. Today I was at a party with him and his 2 brothers and 1 sister. I was sitting on the couch and he came and sat next to me. Every once and a while he would scoot closer to me. Sorry for the long story...

Anyways... I have full suport in you ans I think 2nd cousins are a great thing!

GOOD LUCK!! (:

Please note the OLD date of this post. It was over 4 years ago and no longer active.

You will get more answers if you will start a new thread of your own

Thanks for understanding

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0