<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
Guest Nativecanadian

First cousin once removed

Guest Nativecanadian

Hey i have known my cousin for a long time and we have always been close and have been through a lot together. I have always had a crush on her and we started hooking up. I know we will definitely be together for a long time and our family will accept us being together i have no doubt in my mind. Just curious as to us having children together and the risk of birth defects. I have read online that it is not much higher than regular but not sure if those are accurate. I looked at the chart and we are first cousins once removed. I always thought we were considered second cousins. If anyone can help me out that would greatly be appreciated because we would love to have children together. She already has two and i have none. I definitely want children but i want them with her. Thank you.

Unfortunately, you question is why I signed up to this site. I am in a similar situation but not all of my family accepts us. Technically, we are half first cousins... But genetically we are the same as first cousins once removed. I am also curious about the possible birth defects. As you stated, my research has also showed it to be 0.75-1.25% increase in risk compared to unrelated parents. 

On 10/25/2019 at 4:27 PM, Yabby said:

Unfortunately, you question is why I signed up to this site. I am in a similar situation but not all of my family accepts us. Technically, we are half first cousins... But genetically we are the same as first cousins once removed. I am also curious about the possible birth defects. As you stated, my research has also showed it to be 0.75-1.25% increase in risk compared to unrelated parents. 

Yabby also a half cousin marriage here