<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
KC

Membership subscriptions

Hello everyone. I have installed a membership (commerce) module. It allows me to collect membership fees and sell physical products if I like. Our store is empty but it will not be for long. However, subscriptions are available available and will be a requirement going forward. I can't say I'm sorry about it. If you walked into Walmart and just walked out with items, they would go out of business swiftly. So, we are a business too.

Within the week, I will be downgrading the options available to non paying members. But don't worry, I have no intention of locking anyone out.  The critical boards on the forum will still be available to everyone, if only in read-only mode. I have not worked out all of the details. I like to think about things over a period of days to eliminate how emotions can affect our thoughts. Unencumbered logic? Yea that is what I'm trying to say LOL

If you select the store, you will see Subscriptions listed right below. The Subscription link is not as prominent as I would like. I may fix that.

So, for a measly $15 /yr you will have full access (The Associate Membership). There are more expensive subscriptions if you are willing to help support this website even more, by all means, select a more expensive package. The $15 is just an intro price. It will go up; now is the time to purchase a subscription at this price.

BTW, credit cards will be billed something like "TheBoss" hosting or VPN service, or FCS Software. Cousincouples will not appear anywhere. 

We have lots of new features like a support ticketing system now (see the top of the screen).

Man I may take a day off tomorrow and just watch Netflix. I think I have worked every minute of every day for the past week. This morning I woke up still in my office chair!! I've done that before in my <cough> younger years when I would drink heavily -- but this time I was sober. Once I took an Ambien (prescribed!). I thought I would chill out in front of the computer while it "kicked in." I woke up 6 hours later still in my office chair, or maybe I was in the floor. The doc gave me 60 days worth, so I took one every night. Nobody told me anything about Ambien. When I ran out, I had acute withdrawal and  I thought I had died and gone to hell. Google "Ambien Hell" and you will see what I am talking about.

I will climb out of my rabbit hole now...

58 minutes ago, pooch said:

Whats the difference between the associate, associate+ and collaborator?

Pooch

Maybe I will think of something ?, but it is basically just a way for people to help at any level they can or want to.

Yes exactly. Hopefully better too. Non-paying members and guests will find the website quite restrictive in the future.

Nobody expects mods to pay! I need to be paying you guys! I will take care of your accounts shortly....

15 hours ago, KC said:

Yes exactly. Hopefully better too. Non-paying members and guests will find the website quite restrictive in the future.

This will be my concern though.. :(

What will it look like for them though? Can they open threads? What will be the difference if ever?

Pooch

I am still figuring all of this out -- just how restrictive this forum will be. I think it has to be a little painful in order to get people to actually pay LOL. My inbox isn't overrunning with registrations. So, the answer is "whatever it takes" and it will take time. It's like a photo appearing in the solution. I am waiting on it to become clear :)

I do have an answer to a previous question,  I will also get associate+ and collaborators out of jail is need be. I can't do that for ordinary members, tho! :D 

FWI - I have turned off guest posting for good. The Russians are literally overrunning the place! 

I created a new server last week and within 5 mins, 10 communist, God-hating, Chinese hackers were trying to break in (how did they even know about my server??). The Russians love cousincouples.com. 

I like the Russians; can't we be friends? I will give all Russians 10% off of a collaborator membership, just email me in advance.