<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
The #1 Writing Tool

I'm brand new to this site. I'm just so glad it's here because I don't know about you guys, but I felt like there was something wrong with me being attracted to and falling in love with my cousin. He expressed his love for me when I was 17.  Then I freaked and ran. After I divorced, he did the "full court press" to win my heart, telling me he's been waiting for me for 35 years.  I cannot let my family know because I refuse to cause them any embarrassment or pain. So we have agreed to keep our feelings to ourselves.  Its extremely difficult, but I feel it's the only way. I love him so much, but in order to honor them and afford them the peace they deserve, mum's the word.  Anyone else living this way and looks like they will be for the near, and maybe not so near, future?  Any advice? ❤

I think that is fine and dandy to keep it from your mom. It's your life, InSearch4Truth. It kinda seems clear to me that you do not have the same feelings that he espouses for your. Don't feel guilty about that. You don't owe your cousin anything. 

Having been married and now nearing-divorce, I wish I hadn't put my family through it. Hindsight affects me like that. Without it, I would do the same darn thing all over again, because, like I said to you, it's my life. One thing I have learned is that the people who end up  not supporting you are the same people who did not like you in the first place, nor would they ever like you lest you won Lotto. Cheap prostitutes! Who wants then anyway? Momma and daddy will always love their little girl. 

Thanks KC. I'm sorry your marriage to your cousin didn't work out. Maybe he's loved me longer than I have him, at least in this way, but now that I've gotten to really know him as an adult, he's definitely won my heart. I just wish cousins could divorce as cousins, not in the way you're experiencing.  Hindsight is 20/20, right?  Anyway, I've done research into this site for a while now, and even though you're going through a difficult time nearing divorce, please know you've helped many by launching this site.  I dont feel like I'm doing something immoral anymore, having reviewed all the research provided on this site as well as biblically, and I hope you know how much that means to me and, I'm sure, so many others. Thank you!!

• Like 1

You will tire of the secrecy.  Get it out in the open to your family if the two of you are serious about trying to make this work.  There is a pinned article about talking to your family about your cousin relationship; read it and modify it for your own needs.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 2:36 PM, Serendipity said:

You will tire of the secrecy.  Get it out in the open to your family if the two of you are serious about trying to make this work.  There is a pinned article about talking to your family about your cousin relationship; read it and modify it for your own needs.