<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
KC

Grammarly.com

Not long ago, we had a poll on this site as to which browser plugins were essential. Grammarly made the top 1 or 2. I wasn't surprised. Even if you are a great writer, you may not be a great typist -- like me! Without Grammarly, I would look like a fool. Even if I am most careful, my English is littered with errors (before a good proofread). The Grammarly software is a lifesaver and there is nothing on the market like it because I have checked and double-checked. Most of you know me as a frugal guy. It's out of necessity.

The Pros of Grammarly:
One has their 7th-grade school teacher standing over their shoulder checking every word. Your college professor will observe your writings from time to time. I have six years in college and I would have never turned in a paper without first running it through Grammarly. Novice and expert writers alike need a second pair of eyes. From the time I started writing this report, I have corrected at least ten typos.

The Cons of Grammarly:
Grammarly Premium is $29.95 per month! I guess some college students can afford that, like the ones who paid millions in the infamous "College admissions scheme." If paid annually for the premium plan, the price drops to only  $11.66 /mo. That is not a bad deal!  Quarterly pricing is only $19.98/mo. That's it. That's all that I have against Grammarly. Except . . .
Now and again, the JavaScript engine will get out of whack and underline the wrong misplaced/misspelled words. That can be frustrating but it doesn't happen often and certainly is no deal-breaker to me.

I guess I do not have to say that I am a huge fan of Grammarly. I'm gushing like schoolgirls at their first Beatles concert. I do wish they had a reasonable monthly plan for us students and ex-students who can consider it a good day when we have gas money. According to Grammarly Premium, I have 9 (hidden) errors/warnings on this post. Since I am not writing for the WSJ or NYT, I think I can get by with that. Grammarly helped me make A's & B's in all of my essays in college. What is that worth? I really should not complain about the price at all. In fact, if it were not for my high marks in writing, I would not have a college degree. I still wonder where they came up with the questions for the quizzes -- from somewhere over the moon.

The bottom line is that if you do a lot of writing, Grammarly is essential, especially for college students, academic writers, and anyone who wants their writing to look professional! It even has an excellent add on for MS Word. 

You wouldn't even want to proof it until after Grammarly proofed it first. 

Thanks for supporting or at least suffering our newest sponsor, Grammarly. They paid me a few nickles for writing that . . . actually they were quite generous. I will leave the link up for some time and see if is profitable. So you are welcome to try them out. Their free package is very generous. It's the first plugin I install in a new browser. 

It's great to find a sponsor like that. 3/4 of the merchants deny cousincouples.com application to become an affiliate because of their "standards." What year is it again?