• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TravelBug225

For those who have children with their cousin

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and stumbled upon this site doing a little research. I have been with my first cousin for 7 years, married a little over two. We recently found out that we are expecting! Not planned but not prevented. Just stopped my birth control and left it in God's hands.

I am now almost 5 months pregnant and very excited. My husband is over the moon. Before I went off my birth control, I brought up the question of having children to my doctor who referred me to a genetic counselor. We went and talked with the counselor and she gave us the run down of everything, that risk was very low, etc. She said... Go for it! Now we are returning to her office this coming Tuesday for a level 2 ultrasound (as suggested by my gyn because of our situation). I am starting to get nervous now. From day one of announcing our relationship the idea of kids was shoved in our faces.... Don't have them, can't have them, etc etc. Now that it has been some time our families are very supportive and keep reassuring us that everything will be fine. I know logically that the chances of everything being fine are so great. I guess I just can't help but be nervous as a mother, and a first time mother at that. Everyone wants a happy, healthy baby with ten fingers and ten toes. I suppose I am just looking for some reassurance from those of you who have been in this situation before. Thanks so much for listening :)

I think everyone feels that way, wether they are cousins or not. ;)

I just wish you luck! Don't forget to post them pictures of the happy family in the picture section when you are done! ^_^

tears is right... every expectant parent, cousins or not, has those same fears! you and your baby will be just fine. enjoy the pregnancy while it lasts, because life is about to get 100 times more complicated! :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0