<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
clumsilycopious256

Permanently Cutting Ties With My Cousin

For background information, please read this thread first:

My relatives said that my second cousin and her family were interested in getting back together, but wanted me to apologize for my interest in my cousin.

Upon hearing this, I did not know whether to laugh or get angry. It has been one of the most bizarre and twisted types of logic I have ever encountered.

Is it against the bible to marry your second cousin? No. Is it against U.S. laws to marry your second cousin? No.

Upon hearing their statement, I have decided to cut all ties, communications and relations with my cousin and her family permanently. I do not want to ever have people like them associated with my family and I.

Please share your inputs, feedback and experience on this matter. Thank you for reading!

What a bunch  of bullies!

You need to read a book:  NASTY PEOPLE, HOW TO STOP BEING HURT BY THEM WITHOUT STOOPING TO THEIR LEVEL by Dr. Jay Carter.  He teaches you how to recognize them and how to handle them in a positive manner.

They are mistreating you now and , if you continued the connection, the bullying will become much worse.  You don't need that crap!

You are absolutely right to remove them from your life and move on to a much better one.

HUGS

Nat

I agree with you, Nattana. They are incredibly, nasty people. They make it seem that a cousin attraction is the "sin of all sins". Also, my cousin has added lies to make me look pretty bad.

On the other hand, I am glad this incident occurred, as it has exposed their "true colors". It's only in troubling, trying times that you know who your true friends are.

Moving forward, I am going to ensure that future generations from my family avoid and not acknowledge any ties or relations with them.

An important lesson to learn - just because some people are your relatives does not mean you should trust them. As Jeremiah 9:4 (NIV) states:

Jeremiah 9:4 New International Version (NIV)

“Beware of your friends;
    do not trust anyone in your clan.
For every one of them is a deceiver,[a]
    and every friend a slanderer."

I hope you will get access to Dr. Carter's book.  I found it in a thrift store by accident (Thank you, God!  LOL) and used it to change my thinking.  It really works.  I used to have a lot of anger but no more.  I am happy and peaceful.  The bullies no longer have an impact on me and I laugh at them and confuse them.  It is FUN!!!!!!!

HUGS'

Nat

5 hours ago, clumsilycopious256 said:

Jeremiah 9:4 New International Version (NIV)

“Beware of your friends;
    do not trust anyone in your clan.
For every one of them is a deceiver,[a]
    and every friend a slanderer."

Be careful not to proof-text like this. This isn't applicable to the situation. 

https://www.amazon.com/How-Read-Bible-All-Worth/dp/0310246040

Get a used one for a dollar!