<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>

• Associate Member

I'll begin by saying English is not my native tongue and I apologize for mistakes and errors in advance. 

So. What to say?

I'm a female lurker since at least a year. I've read most posts on this site at least once. Questioned my sanity, asked myself if this is really a good idea, tried to talk myself on to another path but no. I'm in love with my cousin. And he wants me too!

So that's a good thing in a complicated situation. We're both single adults with mostly grown children. We sort of are in a relationship. But it's all hush hush. For now. 

That's my tiny little introduction, just wanted to say hello. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Associate Member
5 hours ago MarcosUve sa:

Perhaps its just platonic love. Similar to its original meaning, a platonic love, like a romantic love, can be as deep and intense, and create a powerful attachment between people.

Maybe. Does that love that you speak of, include physical attraction as well? If so, what's the difference? I really don't know the original meaning of platonic but in my world, there ain't no sex in that. 

Xo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I recently found this forum and new here, so not much aware of how this works. But really need an answer to my question "Does he feel the same".  I know this is a really long post but I have to state all these facts, all of them are important.

I am 25 and he is 28, lets name him Zack. We both are from India but I moved to US last year. Our families have been close and so I know he is really sweet guy. During childhood we used to meet every vacations at out grandparent's place.Many of our family members wants us to get married but I don't know about his parents and mine. My parents like him as a person and his parents like me back too. I had feelings for him since my 7th grade and I kept on feeling time to time that he has feelings too(i will mention why). His parents used to tease us with each others name during childhood. But as we grew up they stopped.  He is handsome and fair and since I am more of wheatish(dark), I used to feel that he might not be interested. In my 9th grade, a guy proposed me and we got into a relationship. we were together for 11 years but it didn't work out and so we are not together any more(my feelings for my cousin has nothing to do with this). But through all these 11 years whenever I used to meet Zack, I used to get those feelings. My entire family was not happy with my relationship with other guy, but I don't know how long they knew that I was still in the relation.  Since my family didn't like it, me visiting them decreased a lot and so my meeting with Zack. Now let me talk about his signs of liking me:

During our childhood, we were a group of 4 cousins playing together and he used to care for me and protect me from other two cousins who used to be jealous of me.

He lived in a bigger city than mine but he once mentioned that he wished to move to my city for his college, although that didn't happen.

This happened in 2010. He mentioned to me that his friends girlfriends visit them at their college to watch them play basketball and that he wanted me to come with him. Later, He clicked few pictures of me and those days I didn't like taking pictures so I asked him to delete and the conversation went on where I asked him what would he do with those pictures and he said he would tell his friends that I am his girl friend.

He keeps touching me lots of times, pulls my cheeks playfully.  We along with our family had few trips together, where I used to find out that he clicks more pictures of mine even unknowingly.  He comments on my dresses and my hairs and my hairstyles and he notices them carefully while other cousins don't. Even after so many years, he still calls me with my childhood name sometimes while no one else does. Everyone probably forgot that name. but he still does.

He gave me his phone's password although he had some stuff, he wouldn't share with people. He also gave me his email passwords since were working on something. 

I always tried to have chats with him over whatsapp and sometimes he used to talk really great but other times it felt to me that he was uninterested to even talk to me. Once when I was about to complete my college, he texted me and out of nowhere asked me what are my plans next, and when i mentioned about a city where i might move, he said he also likes the city and thinking of moving there. That didnt work out too, since I did not move.

Earlier I was in this city for college where he also lived,  but I transferred to my parents place since I was homesick. Me and Zack were having discussion about this later and I told him that one of my friend from that city said if you don't like hostel we can find a flat for us but don't leave the college since it is a nice college. I also mentioned that if we did that, since this friend of mine had a boyfriend , he would come over to our flat. And Zack said, you should have lived here, I would have have come to your flat too(Seemed like since her boyfriend came, I would be yours).

In 2017, while me him and one more cousin of mine were travelling together in a bus, we had really great fun, since the other cousin of mine doesn't get much involved, it was mostly 2 of us. Later, he said he would take a nap and he was sitting next to me, within 5 minutes it seemed like he is asleep and he was trying to have his neck in place over and over again because there were jerks due to bad roads(the way he was doing that didn't seem like he was really asleep) and later he leaned his head on my shoulder.

Once he mentioned to me that we(him, me and his friend) can have a trip to some place where he can get a camp for cheaper rates. He said we get 2 tents, 1 for his friend and one for we two together. That did not work out either because I did not get that opportunity.

In 2018, When I was to leave for US, he came over to this place where I had my flight from. He travelled 600kms for that. Earlier all his family was planning, but although his family cancelled the plans, he came. He took an off from his work to visit me. We had really great time together.

When I decided to come to US, I was trying to convince him too and he wasn't serious earlier, but when everything was fixed for me to travel to US, he asked me to find opportunities for him too. During those discussions he also mentioned that we would live together and that he would bear my expenses. He is still trying to come over to US.

When I reached US, he used to chat with me lot of time even when he was at work. Once he mentioned that his colleagues think he has got a girlfriend and so he has got so busy on his phone.

Lately, I had something bad happened to me and I texted him. Since he did not see those messages immediately and later I went to sleep, we could not talk, but when I woke up I saw his messages which gave me an impression that he figured out that something is wrong. Then he called me over and we talked for 2 hours.

Zack is funny and so I cannot really figure out if he is serious when he says something. He is also a nice person which doent make me clear if he nice to me only or this is how he is with everyone. Although our family wants us to be together, he still doesnt stay away from me, which makes me feel that he might me interested.

Signs that seem he doesnt feel the same way:

Zack got to know about my boyfriend but he never really talked to me about my relationship. I used to ask him if he has girlfriend, a lot of times he used to ignore the topics, sometimes making fun, sometimes not replying and only few times asked me if I had one too and when I said no, he never really talked about it.

Since my boyfriend knew that our family wants me and Zack to be together, he used to be jealous of Zack. Once he tricked me and got access to my whatsapp through whatsapp web and kept a watch on my conversations and later when I was talking to Zack,my bf sent me a screenshot of it  and mentioned that Zack is trying to do this to keep a watch on my life. He did that so that I get an impression that Zack is intriguing my privacy. My bf then mentioned that he got to know this because Zack and my bf has a friend in common(lets say Sam). I believed this story earlier and wanted to know that is Zack really interested in me, so I once mentioned to Zack that Sam is trying to talk to me and mentioned that he got my phone number from your phone. I wanted to see how Zack reacts and he just asked me the phone number. I ignored it and Zack never talked to me about it later. I think if Zack cared he would have done something.

One of the trips that we had together,  I was trying to sit close to him but I felt like he was trying to stay away although he gave me his phone password on the same trip and also got lot of pictures with me.

These days I try to talk to him a lot, but he never initiates a conversation, never calls me. If we chat that's only through whatsapp.

As I mentioned about something bad happened to me, but after that phone call , he never asked me if I was OK. On that call, I opened up a lot and mentioned to him that I was seeing a counselor. My breakup with bf is one reason of seeing the counselor but Zack doesn't know that. I just said that there is one more reason which I will tell you later. He never asked me about that reason anytime later. I want to tell him about my bf but I do not get comfortable because he doesn't initiate conversation neither asks me ever if I am OK. On this phone call he was cheering me up and told me that he mentions about my achievements to his friends. But he addressed me as sister while telling that to his friends(I don't know if that is true or he was pretending that he did that in front of me).

I asked if he has girlfriend but he always says no. Although I am not sure, I got some clue that he had one.(I don't know if this is a good sign or bad. Bad because he doesn't want to let this know to anyone of the family and good because he doesn't want to let me know because he wants me). He also did not tell me that he smokes or smoked although I figured that out. He earlier did not mention openly that he had alcohol although I knew he did.

I told him that my mom wants to find a bachelor for me to get married but he did not seem upset or sad and looked fine with that.

When I visit his parent's place and he is there too, I don't feel like he wants to be close to me always. Like never leave the room that I am in or something like that. But I also get 2nd thoughts that since he is so nice and responsible person, he has to help his parents and do things for them and so he doesn't always stick around.

In short he doesn't seem desperate to talk to me or something like normal signs of love are. These signs of he not liking me make me think sometimes that he does that because he wants to hide those feelings. Sometimes I feel like since he does not earn as much as I do, may be he feels that I would reject him. I cannot tell him how I feel because our family is really close and if he does not feel the same way it would be really awkward. I also feel that he has the same reason of not telling this to me.  I really don't know what to do with all this stuff. I would be really happy with him because he is a nice guy. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Ani3DArtist
      Hi CC forum,
      Im not sure how I am going to word this as my mind is all over the place but here goes.
      I will start with my current situation in hopes that it will give a you a clearer image of what I am going through currently. I am 27 year old, graduated University (college) and now looking to start his career (this is my current mindset). During this time I have other goals to achieve which include acquiring my inheritance before my mum passes away. She is in her 60s and her health is not the best. This will cause several issue as property assets are currently occupied with a resident (family member) overseas. By any chance I managed to reclaim the property and sold it off or trade it; I am 1 step closer to my dream of living peacefully with a roof and heating but also having a loving partner and kids in the future. 
      My mum started the whole topic of me marrying my second cousin (her nephews, daughter). I instantly declined as I did not like the idea of cousin marriage, the genetics problems, the social stigma and the person I am supposed to marry. After a handful of years of trying to convince me, she dropped the conversation because the daughter also said no. Great! i am saved or so i thought. This family is also the one that is occupying the property I am trying to reclaim. 
      Over the last 3-5 years, I happened to notice my first cousin; My mum's brother, daughter. I was attracted to her physical appearance as she has sharp features but I did not pursue the attraction and left it as just as a crush/lust. 
      As of last year, my mum brought up the conversation of getting married to my first cousin as she puts it " i want to see you happy with kids and a loving partner that will not break you". She thinks my first cousin will be a perfect match for my personality as hers fits with mine. 
      As of right now, she is 20 and I am 27. In the past year we have started talking a lot because of this and started to calling each other "babe", she is already sees me as her future husband. I do not mind it but i think i entertained this for far to long but as the time is getting closer to achieve my goal of reclaiming my property I have to deal with this as my mum is using this as a bargaining chip or a trade, hence why i carried on the conversation with my cousin to get things rolling for the property. She wants me to marry her as she requires a assistant and she promised her brother, She spoke to my cousin and she agrees to the marriage as it also benefits her; she will have a better life by coming here to us, financially, education and opportunities. Me and mum have had several arguments about this, and she claims that it is easy for her to get a guy and get married due to the her looks but she rather keep her in the family because of her character and in response i told her if she can get any guy then get her married. in the end the arguments go nowhere and get stuck in the loop. I personally do not agree with the character part as I have seen her talk to other guys that have promised her dreams that she can get by being involved with them (not physically) and thus doing so has shown to be naive and desperate as life in the East is not the best. Fair enough maybe I am being to hard on her. If i do go ahead with this I get my property and money but i will not be happy with this situation internally as this is another thing i need to get rid of in the next 5 years if we do happen to get married. My problem with this are the following:
      Genetic defects with first cousin marriage is i start getting attached to her as i am already attracted to her physically Social acceptance and bring up the topic with my kids in the future which includes the acceptance from my godmother and my brother and his family as they were already against it with my second cousin.  Her educational level and finance/income (i am a struggling artist so i can not provide for 2 people let alone for myself). I spoke to her regarding this and she expressed that she wants to continue her studies and work here but she has no idea on what to do. Her current grades will be enough to do a course but nothing high paid such as a doctor, lawyer or IT.  I have a feeling that she is only agreeing because it will help her get a PR in UK by marrying me as she stated this in our earlier conversation but this later changed or got hidden away as we progressed through our text messages. Texting and video phone calls get boring easily due to language barrier. No moral support of understanding of mental issues of life as she lacks experience or knowledge. Have to groom her for western society.  Hope that has made sense and expressed the negativity of the situation and now the positive. 
      I am not the best at using text messages and calling as i prefer  the face to face interaction so the bonding and getting to know her is suffering in that regards. So far we have found out about each other the following (main similarities and goals):
      > Wants 2 kids
      > Wants to travel and see different parts of the world. 
      > Have similar fashion sense.
      > Wants to get married to someone that will care and respect them and not mistreat them.

For me, these things are not enough to be fully excited over a person. I asked for advice from my mums close friend. She said she will marry a cousin if they are nice but also they didnt grow up together or had much contact. She has many cousins with whom she grew up with since she was young so for her cousin marriage is weird if its marrying a sister/brother like cousin figure and not a semi-stranger. My mums friend said that its best if i give her a chance and maybe things will flourish or if they dont just say they are not working out for you. She (My cousin) has told her close friend of who i am (future husband) and people are interested in seeing me. I do not know if she told them i am her first cousin. My mum, my cousin and her family agree to the wedding but i am the only one being indecisive. When i do go to the East during this year my cousin wants to hang out with me and do stuff which is nice and both parental parties are fine with it as my cousin is the one that helps my mum out when she is here. 
      In conclusion, deep down i dont want to go through with this headache with the whole marriage thing and my mind is not there yet maybe in the near future. Reading materials about genetics with like reading a text argument between siblings, i am unsure on what side carries more weight. I do not have the resources to help her grow into the person she wants to be because i am trying to grow myself. Even though i live with my mum and so will she if she does move here, it will be a blocker for me as she will probably wants to do things together. Some advice on things i have mentioned will help and your experience as to why you chose to marry a first cousin. 
      Kind Regards,
    • By SilentE
      This won’t have much substance other than to thank the regular posters and mods for making me feel at home with your intelligence, ultra grammerz, and thoughtfulness that I see throughout each post I have read. 
      Im a girl with a lifelong puppy crush on a 2y younger male cousin. It has recently turned into something that occupies my mind more frequently, as we have increased personal contact over the summer due to a few family nights out. 
      (500 mile geographical issue in the USA, been home frequently for my mother’s recent health probs )
      We are both in our 30s and I am engaged to someone else. I am not looking to pursue anything romantic, have no idea if it’s even reciprocated. 
      I am facing family pressure in the sense that his mother encourages time spent together.
      I worry that she misunderstands the intention(s) behind the positive effect we have on one another, simply because her culture is  ?? and I don’t want to let her down if she is caught off guard that this might have developed. 
      My cousin and I were both raised on the east coast. He’s my only first male cousin and I went to all girls school which might have fueled the crush long ago. 
      I don’t necessarily feel weird that I think of him in this way. I can be prone to girlish crushes but never act on them. 
      However! Since our family likes the results of spending time together, I am nervous. I have full self discipline but feel deeply protective of my crush cousin,
      and have admitted to myself reading this forum that I would welcome his <hypothetically> less than cousinly advances should I have been single upon this more adult view of our dynamic. 
      How can I be the best role model type cousin without hurting him or sending creepy (maybe to him?) signals? 
      I have a very boyish career trajectory and we both have checkered personal pasts (addictions, anorexia, etc) and I have been surprised to feel like I may be more centered and able to be some sort of role model for once in my life, even though he’s doing well enough for himself rn. 
      I don’t want to let down my aunt who is catholic and Philippine
      (dad’s are brothers, that’s the extent of my immediate family) 
      I don’t want to let him down as a cousin because I want him to feel valued for more than a love interest. ***however***
      i spent a lot of time as a stripper in my early twenties so I feel I can sometimes inject too much of my own sexuality with males I care enough about to encourage. In my own mind or in dark humor moments. While this has never failed me I want to protect my cousin from any of that kind of exposure because I’d like him to pursue a woman more wholesome than I am (he has never brought a woman around the family for holidays which is customary with our little clan, he’s the only boy tho) 
      You guys are all awesome, even the weirdos among us who make weird OP’s ?. I wanted to say that first and foremost. I’ve never seen a message board with more depth of thought per paragraph than here. 

Cheers and love to you all ? and I shall resume lurking in ~2018 threads, as admitting this whole subject is new and interesting to me.
      silent E 

• By Ben1
      This is my first post, sorry if I leave stuff out. I have liked my cousin for a few years now, I have no clue how she feels about me and I have no clue how to tell her I like her. We live in the same state, the state we live in, 1st cousin marriage is legal. I am about 3 years older than her. and we live about half an hour away and see each other about every other month.
    • By The Riddler
      Hey guys,
      Apologies if I make mistakes, very new here. I’m extremely happy that there is a community like this, in the world we live in.

I need your opinion on my situation. 
      Off the bat, I’m in love with my first cousin and I’m sure she feels like same but I need to be 100% sure so that I can make a move becoz I intend to. 

Background: 
      We are an affectionate family, we all hug and kiss.
      I’m 24 (m) and she’s 32(f) married with 2 children who I get along with well. She’s in a toxic marriage that won’t last much longer. 
      This sexual tension between us has been building over the last 2 years. 
      Whenever we see each other, we always sit next to each other and our legs touch etc for example she’ll always use my knee as support when she gets up IMO just to touch my leg. 
      We were recently under a blanket and I made a move to hold her hand but interlocked hand holding which she was okay with. I have hugged her from behind and she likes it. 
      When I hug her it’s always a bit longer plus my hands are around her waist and our legs always touch, we always give a bit more of a kiss than a usual peck. Not sure if I’m reading too much into it. 
      When she fixes my pants becoz they falling down she will let her hand run across my bum. 
      I often pass each other by and give a little shoulder rub or a hand glide on the back. 

Im definitely more forward than she is but she has never seemed uncomfortable with the interactions and has initiated some herself. She regularly puts her feet under my legs.
      I think she might be holding back for the same reason i am. 

What do you guys think and how should I make a move? I’ve already held her hand and now I’d like to French kiss her and cuddling. 
      Possibly make love if it can get to that. I love her a lot. 

Kind regards, 
      The riddler 
    • By Iron man
      Plz answer me.....only INDIANS WILL UNDERSTAND AS MY ENGLISH IS NOT SO GOOD

Hello... 
      I am a 23 year old hindu boy , from northern part of india... and I like my cousin sister (23 year)... I am writing "like" becoz i am confused whether I love her or not. 
      But she love me a lot... Deeply..... Since childhood...And wanted to marry me. 
      These things I came to knew from her elder sister.....Then her sister asked me that what is all this?? 
      We used to talk on phone on weekly basis from 4 or 5 year only AND we never make any physical relationship
      She is living in village and always busy with her household work....I want her to move from that place.... Join some classes.... Explore other things..... And may be she find someone better than me
      But I don't know how to tell these things to her. 
      Sometimes I felt guilty also......that....why I not cleared the things before.........we never propose to each other... But from past 1 year I started doubting that something is going out of the way
      Also she has no idea that how much it's danger for the offspring as well as it's illegal
      Now what I do... Because I want her happiness only.... 
      she is very nice girl as she used to support me in all my decision... That's why I didn't wanted to broke her heart.... I only want that she love someone else.... 
      If she wouldn't be my first cousin then surely I will marrey her
      Now u guys tell what I do.... Should I have to marry her??  Or maybe she will understand with time