<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
Sign in to follow this  
gossamer4448

My cousin called me his significant other, does he have feelings too?

So we were hanging out on valentines day , he said he didnt know it was valentines day though but it was still nice to spend the day together . We originally planned to go to a movie premiere (he asked me ) which just happened to be on valentines day but decided not to go . I asked him if he wanted to hangout anyway he agreed . We were just driving around listening to music and were both single and being sarcastic i said " who has a significant other what a loser " just joking around and he said "hey youre my significant other you are significant to me shannon . I just thought  thats a weird thing to say a significant other is a couple in a relationship right ? does he wish we were together ? He has done other things to such as fake mocking me and saying "oh look at me im shannon im so pretty and everyone loves me ". We also talked about moving into together when he makes enough money to buy a house . It feels like were already together but no one wants to be the first to just say it.  Am i crazy or does he like me back ? He is technically my half cousin because our moms have different dads if that makes a diference lol. I told my mom about the things he says because i tell her everything and she agrees its weird . I liked him in a non friendly way since i was like 17 . I am 24 he is 25 and we still hangout and have this special connection we always got along and he is my best friend honestly and i think we would be great together.

Honestly, that given by the fact that you two go out together, have plans to move in together... It does sound like you two are kind of like a couple. Ask him! I would just come out with it and say "hey, remember that comment about me being a significant other to you? I think we'd actually make a cute couple, what do you think?" 

Then try the tried and true ""if you weren't my cousin, I would love/like to date you..."  Or some such statement. If

he gives the ewww factor, you have the out of saying I said IF. Now you have opened the door without declaring anything.

And leave it as his option as how to respond.

Best wishes.

well we joked about it one time actually i forgot about this till you said it . So i was asking if there was anyone single at his work and he said there is but he is kind of a player and a jerk .He then went on to say other than that there is me (meaning him )  and that might be a little bit awkward  we laughed and i said hey i would already  have met your parents and we just laughed about it but he didnt seem grossed out by the idea .

Edited by gossamer4448

On 2/17/2020 at 7:25 PM, gossamer4448 said:

Its so hard because its like i know it and he knows it but no one wants to be the one to say to their own cousin "I like you"

I did with mine. It's so hard but it's worth it when you know in your heart that you have to. 

18 hours ago, gossamer4448 said:

and the feelings were mutual ? Please tell me how you told them and how they responded .

Yes, we are in a relationship now. 

I told him "Listen I need to tell you something, I have feelings for you." He seemed delighted but surprised and scared. We are first cousins (blood) and I told him "I don't care that we are related. It doesn't change how I feel. I know we are compatible and we can make this work."

We remain together now. I love him so much and he loves me. 

Offf I have a really strong bond with my cousin and I have feels for him and I have had feels for him for about 4 years and idk what to do is so hard and it’s mixed signals but wallah I love him and I care about him🥺🥺

4 hours ago, ReachIntoTheVoid said:

Yes, we are in a relationship now. 

I told him "Listen I need to tell you something, I have feelings for you." He seemed delighted but surprised and scared. We are first cousins (blood) and I told him "I don't care that we are related. It doesn't change how I feel. I know we are compatible and we can make this work."

We remain together now. I love him so much and he loves me. 

Wow do you think he feels the same for me . I want to be sure before I say anything 

4 minutes ago, gossamer4448 said:

Wow do you think he feels the same for me . I want to be sure before I say anything 

From what you say, it sounds like he does. 

Keep in mind that there is risk with anything like this. No one has a magic ball, ok? 

I told my cousin I cared for him because I was faced with a choice: tell him and face the positive or negative consequences or not say anything and then spend the rest of my life wondering "what could have been". Which is worse? You must decide. For me, I felt rejection sucked but I would rather take then then spend years wondering about the path I didn't take. 

13 hours ago, gossamer4448 said:

Did he give you any hints he liked you ? or did you just take the leap ? 

We talked a lot (hours at a time) and he had opened up to me about some personal issues he had struggled with. I had done the same. I definitely felt that he had feelings too but regardless, it was still a risk.