• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest pizza

Can someone list movies where cousin romances occur please!!!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

15 posts in this topic

Well I for one want to see them. I know gone with the wind (as recently mentioned here in the board) has a cousin romance. But what about others???? In english!!!

Also another reason I want to know is because well..........I wouldn't mind having someone special I know see it, LMAO. You know.....a way to introduce the existence of the topic, LMAO. Although she did ask me out of the blue if I knew the TV show Arrested Development while she found it on TV when she was here (in the U.S.). So maybe she did a sneaky thing on her own, LMAO.

But seriously, I want to know what movies contain it. Please list as many as you can. Thanks!!!!.

the movie "kissing cousins" is supposed to be a light hearted comedy, although some of the people here that saw it were disappointed with it because it was a lot of implication, but never definitively brought the couple together. i still want to see it. and the fact that it is like that may make it the perfect movie to show your cousin... then you'd be able to gauge her reaction to the couple in the movie... was she glad they never showed them getting together? was she hoping they'd  get together? that sort of thing. i'll post the trailer below.

there's another one that starred kate winslet. the movie was called jude. good movie, but it's a tear jerker.

north and south was a miniseries on tv years ago, with patrick swayze. i think there was a cousin romance in that one too.

and of course, my all time favorite, mansfield park. love that one. very positive and upbeat regarding the cousin thing i thought.

and this is the version of mansfield park i saw, although a newer re-make came out in 2007.

Mansfield Park (1999) HQ trailer

i just watched bits and pieces of the 2007 version on youtube... they have the full movie broken into 10 parts on there. it was done in a much more "classic" fashion. serious, somber. if you show her mansfield park, definitely go for the 1997 version. the comedy makes it a much more enjoyable movie!

Thank you so much LadyC. Your insight was helpful. I'll be seeing all those movies on my own. I won't see my cousin for another year so I got time to plan out how to have her see it, though as I said earlier, maybe she was doing the same with arrested development, hehehehe.

But I don't think I could show her kissing cousins and Jude because it seems too direct. I was thinking of a movie where cousin romance occurs, but that it's not the main theme in the story, or that it's "just there" and the movie is really about something else you know??? Kind of like the show Arrested Development. It's about a whole bunch of things, and one of the things is two cousins who really are in love with each other but never say it (other than a few times they made out).

Though I'll be checking out those other movies you told me about. Any good movie is worth watching right???

Anyone else with movies that contains cousin romances (either as the main theme or just something that "happens to be in the movie"???)??????

then it sounds like your best bet would be mansfield park. easy enough excuse to watch that one, since it's a jane austen classic that EVERYBODY in the world has either seen on film or read the book. and really, the movie is more about her life as a poor relative living with a wealthy family. fannie and edmund don't get together til the last scene of the movie. prior to that, they each become engaged to other people. you'll like it. i think it will fit the bill for ya.

DDDDAAAAAMMMMNNNN.

I was just watching the three Godfather movies last week and in Godfather 3, Mary and Vincent have a relationship with each other!!!!! They ended it thanks to Mary's father. But still, it was cool seeing it.

Did anyone notice it???? I know the movie is known to be one of the worst of all time but with this romance in it, I liked it, hehehehehehe.

LOL pizza I don't think you want to show Godfather Part III due to the fate of the girl cousin in that film...not a happy ending!

Suggestion: Victoria & Albert The Young Victoria. A recent film and they were first cousins. It got good reviews too.

Oops! I didn't mean Victoria & Albert, I meant The Young Victoria. Different film.

Haha, Godfather III is only worth watching for Mary & Vincent. Even so, the relationship def lacked chemistry.

In "Monsoon Wedding" there is a cousin romance, and it's not the main focus. Lots of cute glaces & such.

I really can't think of any others, hmmm...

Oh! There was also a Spanish Novela that was on a few months back called "Perro Amor." The 2/3 main characters are cousins and they have a very intense (mostly sexual) relationship.

if anyone wants to see a movie about cousin love stories I recommend...sunshine 1999 with ralph fiennes and also wuthering heights 1992 also with ralph fiennes

gf3 sucks. Joey Zaza has a stupid 90s name and we are supposed to beleive that he can get away with threatening Vincents life? Micheal does nothing to protect his nephew really? Anthony is an opera singer with his own lead role as his debut and Micheal cares that he isn't a dime a dozen lawyer? Man up and admit that Anthony is gay already - not that Micheal would care at all. Micheal and Kay agree that cousin romance is not a mortal sin. They juxtapose it heavily against Fredo's death. Micheal sees nothing coming and his family pays the price. Vincent is unidimentional, Micheal is slow witted, Mary is an imbecile, Kay stands for nothing and where are clemenza and hagen? The helicopter scene is a joke. Biggest movie disapointment... since... well... um... of all time I guess. Yup. Biggest movie disappointment of all time. If they wanted to focus on sexual morality fine, do it right. Take a stand. Either kill vincent because it is "wrong" or let him live in peace. Don't be coy. The cat is out of the bag. But the godfather isn't a love story, so really the Vincent and mary thing should have only been addressed in passing. But how do you mention it in passing? Well for starters you can point out that cousin relationships are as old as time. Done. Killing in self defense is ok, Cousin love is ok, killing your brother because he is a greedy backstabing buffoon is not ok. Does that sum it up? The godfather is about the bonds of family and power. The reason Tom Hagen is in the first two movies is to show that family and clan is more than blood. If Vincent and Mary show that endogamy exists particularly within strong clans, fine. But gf3 was supposed to be the fall of the empire. If they wanted to show an aging godfather with no heir and the loss of power and insight, fine - do that then. Give me a faltering and weak Micheal with the vultures closing in and a family that has forsaken him. Show me Vincent and Mary who petition him to aid in getting a dispensation and are torn between working with men who might be enemies while Micheal categorically rejects the notion of violence as a legitimate danger to him now that he is on the straight and narrow. Do something. gf3 sucks. period.

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE

this is a true to life story/ bibliography of Jerry Lee Lewis who's a famous rock&roll singer/musician. this tells about his career and also includes his confidential marriage with his 13 yo first couin Mary Gale Brown. their marriage lasted 13 yrs and had two children.

Holy cow...I watched Jude last night. Very well written but god awfully depressing.

What a shocker. I'm not gonna blow it for you but when things start looking up down comes a sledgehammer...

Hey,

Am new on this website (my post requiring advice ;-)) but great movie that everyone knows in europe: Sissi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sissi_(film)

all little girls have seen it in france, and although it's in the past and in an aristocratic family, it shows well how you can fall passionnately in love with a 1st cousin. I am sure if you find an english version it is still pretty OK to watch.

It's about a whole bunch of things, and one of the things is two cousins who really are in love with each other but never say it (other than a few times they made out).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0