• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gotitGOOD!

ABC News 2006

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

7 posts in this topic

haha, you missed page one!! http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=2395516&page=1

i'm a little disappointed... it's a transcript of a PORTION of the video segment they did... they left out mine and mark's renewal of vows. the wagners were also members here at cc.com. we had a great time in new york... we did a little sight seeing together, we went out to a nice dinner with robin bennett, and we took a break during the interview to share a pizza with john stossel. it was a lot of fun. we have the video clip stickied at the top of the 'our love stories' forum, if you want to watch it. the segment has re-aired on so many of abc's shows i lost count. it still pops up once in a while. http://www.cousincouples.com/forum/index.php?topic=560.0

haha, you missed page one!! http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=2395516&page=1

the wagners were also members here at cc.com. we had a great time in new york... we did a little sight seeing together, we went out to a nice dinner with robin bennett, and we took a break during the interview to share a pizza with john stossel. it was a lot of fun. http://www.cousincouples.com/forum/index.php?topic=560.0

I like John Stossel and watch his show on Fox News regularly. I don't know how I missed that video.

The Wagners WERE (past tense) on here? That is the secong WERE members I have read on here today. Where did they go?

most members stay awhile and then move on. and then there are people like me, who just never leave.

most members stay awhile and then move on. and then there are people like me, who just never leave.

Wonder why they move on? I have been on over a year I believe...

Seems like something needs to be done to keep interest. I see that many are all amped up when they first sign on and want people in the same situation or with more experience to talk to...then it dies down.

Seems like continuing on with other of the same feather is easier and more fun than those that don't approve although many seem to approve over time.

Maybe they get over the initial hump and realize cousin couples aren't any different than other couples except for the strong attraction and bond...

it's not like most of them dropped in and disappeared after a few weeks. people like jasper and flash, who were on the montel show with us, were active here on this site for many years. some of us old timers have been here since the doors opened... like me, kc, nattana... but really, if ya think about it, it's pretty normal for people to wander away. life changes directions. kids start growing up and leave little time for hanging out on message boards. sometimes people leave because their relationship never went anywhere, or it came to an end. some just leave because, well, it's a great place for questions and answers, but the subject matter is pretty specific. it's the only thing most of us have in common, and once our relationships are well established, the whole "cousin thing" becomes a non-issue. heck, i'm still here, but my husband hasn't been seen posting a word for at least the last decade... and he was pretty active at one time.

back in the days when we were doing a lot of media interviews and were trying to be politically active in getting laws changed, there was a lot more excitement to keep people coming back. the common ground was more expansive. the conversations were fresh and there was always something new to talk about.

I remember visiting the site waaaaaaay back when it used a CGI-based forum, which it had for years.  Mostly just lurked in those early days.  Yup, a lot of people come and go and some just stay forever.  I suppose it has to do with the fact that a lot of folks find the site in their quest to find support, answers, solutions, and so on.  Once that season passes, they move on.  Some of us just stick around, answer questions, or even try to help out.  But, like anything, those numbers are very few and that's not a bad thing.  Glad folks are able to find that support, get those answers, and solve those problems and then go about living life. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0