• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Witcher1

In need of advice on how to go about this

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

9 posts in this topic

So I just found this website and I'm really happy I did. So I'll go ahead and explain my situation.

I have had feelings for my first cousin since we were 8 I didn't really understand it at the time but as we got older and we got closer I came to realize more and more how I feel about her. I have been wanting to tell her for a couple of years now how I feel about her but never really had the chance before because we lived 6 to 7 hours away. When my family decided that we were going to move closer to her family I was so happy and had planned on telling her how I feel about her a couple of months after we moved there. But it would seem my luck would have it a month and a half before we moved she got a boyfriend. They have been together for almost 3 years now I still want to tell her how I feel before I never get the chance to but I'm not sure how to go about this. We are both 18 about to be 19 she is only 8 weeks older than me and we both go to the same college.

If it feels like you read this before then you probably have. I just finally got this to post as a new topic.

Hi witcher1

Please feel free to E mail me if you would like to chat/advice. I went through the same feelings and we are now living together the last 7 years and very happy.

If your cousin has a boyfriend, then you probably shouldn't tell her how you feel about her. If she's been going out with him for 3 years, then I'd say they were fairly serious about each other. You telling her how you feel could well damage that relationship and hurt her.

Whitcher1,

^^^ Right there.

I would also add that you should not let this distract you from your studies. Your mentioning it to her has the potential to distract her from her studies as well. You are young, and time is on your side, trust me. So long as she has this BF, you may as well date a little yourself. Once you are both out of school, should you both be available at the same time, THEN you may want to hang out, and see what may develop. It will all come down to timing, with the both of you being available at the same time. Stay close, sit back quietly, and bide your time.

I thank you for the advice Scorpion Queen and Hawk. I think I will do just that and wait but I'm not really to sure about dating any one else because I always seem to slip up on the name and call them by my cousins name. So yeah that never ends well when they start asking who that person is.

Hey Keith if you could still give me your email? So that I can chat with someone when need.

I already read your post Witcher, well.. I guess you still have to try and confess to her or else you'll live with "what if's" and regrets. Explain everything to her but dont expect so much since she already have a boyfriend. But the most important thing is that you got to tell her your feelings.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0