• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Mr Silent

Love my cousin but she doesn't feel same way

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

Hello experts lol. So lets get started, I'm a 18 year old Muslim male who loves his 17 year old female 1st cousin (she's going to be 18 in August 2014). We both have known each other from a very young age (went to same primary school together and were in same classes and on same table). I've liked her from a very young age, but always ignored my feelings as I thought it was just a crush but as time went by, my feelings got stronger and stronger where it got to a point where I couldn't take it anymore and had to find out if she felt the same way, so I txted her about my feelings towards her and she responded in a very sweet manner that she didn't view me that way sadly, but rather as a brother. I felt ok at the time and didn't feel any pain or sorrow (sadly I'm one of those people who feels their emotions later and not on the spot), but as time went by I felt very sad and didn't know what to do. So my question is should I carry on trying to persuade her to try to like me as she could see it as me fighting for her love and hand in marriage, but if I carry on trying to persuade her, I fear that I may annoy her too much where it could get to a point where we break up as cousins forever? (GOD FORBID). I could tell her the benefits of us a couple e.g. We both trust each other, we would bring our families closer together, we're close cousins as she is my favourite cousin from the female side and I'm her favourite from the male side etc. Please advise and help me decide what to do because ever since I told her I can't stop thinking about her. We still talk to each other as cousins but I want more and she doesn't, but she has txted me saying that she doesn't feel that way now but she'll decide in the future as she doesn't know what it will bring. I also visit her house every weekeend because me and her bro are very close. Sorry for it being soo long and I thank every person sincerely for taking their time to read this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Iam a muslim brother and even I love my first cousin but I have some other problems.

We both know how our muslim families are but all are not same you first tell me will your family allow you to pursue a relationship with your cousin?

Mr. Silent, my heart feels for u bro. Look on the bright side, atleast u guys still hav strong cousin relationship. This tells me that your cousin does not want to lose as her best cousin.

Honestly, if I were u, I would try to get over her cuz she clearly said she doesnt feel the same way. But what gives me hope in your case is that she's still acting the same way towards u (Am I right?).

So if u really think u can move on, then u have a long and hard battle ahead of u which u might not win. So u need to think hard about this decision. If u want to continue to pursue her, then I would say just be your old self for now and hope for the best in the future. Good Luck!

PS: Muslims are allowed to marry first cousins as the prophet Mohammed (pbuh) himself married one

Yes Thunder your right, she has continued our relationship as normal despite what I told her which makes me even more in to liking her as it shows that she would stick by me no matter what and I by her. I've tried to move on by ignoring my feelings but it doesn't seem to happen. I just hope that no matter what the outcome, our friendship continues soldiering on as best cuzzys. Thanks.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0