• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gotitGOOD!

August: Osage County (Cousins)

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

Well, I saw the movie last night with my wife\cousin...

She was really looking forward to it because of the family dynamics.

****SPOILER ALERT****

In the early part of the movie, there seemed to be something going on with a 1st cousin couple. This is confirmed a few minutes later when 3 sisters talk about their relationships and one confesses. The sad and pathetic part was that the sister who was dating her cousin was warned about potential genetic issues says "it doesn't matter because I had a Hysterectomy".

She could have said "it doesn't matter because I had a Hysterectomy but the risk is marginal at best"...

It turns out she gets no family support but not because she has a thing going on with her cousin but because her 1st cousin is actually her brother.

(A risk for parallel 1st Cousins)

The movie really didn't have an ending, it just sort of stopped.

I wasn't impressed nor was my wife.

Saw the movie yesterday, and have to say, I wasn?t impressed. The cousin part in the storyline seemed to suggest a some sort of moral lesson; "Don?t mess with your cousin, he/she might be your sister/brother"... so, hated that part and also the part about genetics which gotitGOOD! mentioned.

Well, I saw the movie last night with my wife\cousin...

She was really looking forward to it because of the family dynamics.

****SPOILER ALERT****

In the early part of the movie, there seemed to be something going on with a 1st cousin couple. This is confirmed a few minutes later when 3 sisters talk about their relationships and one confesses. The sad and pathetic part was that the sister who was dating her cousin was warned about potential genetic issues says "it doesn't matter because I had a Hysterectomy".

She could have said "it doesn't matter because I had a Hysterectomy but the risk is marginal at best"...

It turns out she gets no family support but not because she has a thing going on with her cousin but because her 1st cousin is actually her brother.

(A risk for parallel 1st Cousins)

The movie really didn't have an ending, it just sort of stopped.

I wasn't impressed nor was my wife.

WATCH IT HERE

or

Watch it HERE

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0