• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LauraAH

I need help!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

Okay so guys, i really have a serious problem there. I'm a 17 years old girl. I've had a crush on my cousin (who is 6 years older than me) for 2 years now that recently i thought that it is quiet a problem. To be honest i've ha feelings for him for more than 2 years but i didnt consider it really. During these 2 years i've tried so hard to get over him but i couldnt! I tried to like someone else but couldnt! I even rejected someone who liked me for him!

And the problem is I am not at sure that my cousins even likes me or i'm justbhis little cousin

We spend the most time together in summer... We spend 2 months together and for the rest of the year we might see each other like once every other week or something

When we see each other it's like.. Cute! We talk and stuffs like more than cousins *i think*

But in summer it's much much more!! However we dont call on the phone nor we text on social networking and stuffs

I dont really what to doo! How do i know if he likes me? If he doesnt what else could i do to get over him??

By the way in my culture it's normal to marry q cousin and no problem with the age difference.. My parents are cousins and my father is 10 years older so.. Yeah

Helpp?

I'm in a similar but not exact situation. Someone said to me that the only way to know is to have the courage (guts) to ask him, so maybe thats something you might have to do, you know. Just tell him how you feel, no harm in it is there?

nessa76

I agree with the post before mine. nessa76(along with ladyc) helped me realize telling my cousin is worth it. She knows what she's talking about it seems to me. Telling your cousin and finding out for sure will take care of most of your worries.

As for if it doesn't work out and you have to get over him...I don't have an answer yet. I'm still waiting to see if my own cousin accepts my confessional .

I wish you luck and the best :D

Here's the dilemma:  You're 17 and he's 23.  Now, in the big scheme of things that's not such a big deal.  But right now, you are still in high school and he is, presumably, already graduated from college, working on a master's degree or working and building a career.  The two of you are in very different places in your lives.  (If he's not doing any of the above things, I would question the wisdom of getting involved with him).

You could very well be correct in thinking that he may view you as just his little cousin.  Or, maybe he sees you as an attractive young lady.  You will never know until, well, you know.

I am concerned that you have put your life on hold for him.  No one that you have a crush on is worth that!!  Go out with other boys, get a groups of girls to go to prom with, spend some time doing things with your friends.  This is the best time of your life!  Enjoy it!!  If things ever take a turn with your cousin and  you want to see what happens between the two of you, then go for it.  But don't avoid dating other guys because you have a crush on cuz.  You never know, you may be passing over Prince Charming while you're waiting to kiss a toad.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0