Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
torture4us

gift for my 1st cousin

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Ive posted here before about me and my first cousin.  We are very intense in this relationship. My question is this, her birthday is coming up and I want to get her a pair of diamond stud earrings, 2.3 CTW, or a diamond ring.  The ring she won't wear on her left hand yet, but has agreed to wear out on her right.  Then she tells me no, don't spend that money on me.  I really want to get her something really nice but I'm a little stuck.  I don't won't to push her away, any help would be wonderful.

Hawk, I know you are out there........help.

Torture4us

why not give her something totally unique? i make some pretty fantastic jewelry, at much more reasonable prices than you'd find in a jewelry store on diamond ear studs. take a look at my profile pic. i know, it's tiny and hard to see, but that is a necklace with a red swarovski crystal and a sterling silver filigree heart pendant that has the word "cousin" on it.  i could make another, or one similar.  i'll attach a close-up of the pendant. i bought the pendants a long time ago in hopes that they'd go to people like me!

or a watch, i do some awesome watches. here's an example of one of my favorites. i don't have a whole lot of items on my store now that the holidays are over, but i'm working on rebuilding my inventory.

http://meylah.com/earthpsalts/black-white-onyx-coil-watch

oh heck, i still have the original cousin necklace i had made! i've got it clearance priced because it's tarnished. generally, clearance priced stuff is sold 'as is', and in no-frills packaging (meaning you get it in a zip-lock baggie.) but i'd clean this one up for you if you wanted it, and package it in a box at no extra charge. or i could make another one similar to it (it would cost a little more.)

i could make a pair of matching earrings or a bracelet, if you'd like to give her a set. we'd just need to discuss the particulars of what you would want on them, and the pricing.

here's the link to the necklace on my site. http://meylah.com/earthpsalts/crystal-pearls-with-cousin-pendant

hold that thought... i have it in stock according to my site, but i'm not sure where it is. i must have packed it away. let me make sure i can find it first.

yep, found it, packed away from having taken it with me to a craft show (two years ago). let me know if you want it.

Wow - 2.3 CTW is a lot of money (well, it is for me, anyway).  :tongue:

When my cousin and I started dating (oh so many years ago), I bought her a pair of "diamond" earrings for her birthday.  I put that in quotes because I bought the cheapest diamond earrings I could find (but the most expensive I could afford) at a mall jewelry store.  They were probably about $250-300 for the pair back then, so maybe about $500-600 today.  No idea if they had a discernible weight and certainly no thought to the typical measures of a diamond (cut, clarity, and all that craziness).

Anyway, all of that to say that it was a perfect gift for where we were in our very early romantic relationship in those days.  She wore them to her birthday party with her family and, like our romance, they were kind of our own little secret.  Nobody noticed them but she and I knew.

A couple months later, I returned with my fast food paycheck to that same jewelry store and bought three rings, one a "diamond" ring with similar size and quality to the ones on the earrings (well, at least it's a matched set) and two solid gold bands - an engagement ring and a pair of wedding rings.

Good news:  we both still wear those wedding bands today, over 20 years later.  On special occasions, usually anniversaries, she puts on the earrings and her engagement ring.  She just has to be careful that the ring doesn't accidentally scratch the screen of her phone that cost more than the whole set of her jewelry  :grin:

Hawk, I know you are out there........help.

Torture4us

Someone rang? Sorry. I've been (and will most likely continue to be) a little scarce around these parts.

I like the "cousin" necklace of Lady C's. Fitting perhaps? Not over the top, but nice.

My experience with jewelry is extensive. CM has pretty much nailed the general idea. Buy the nicest things you can reasonably afford, so you have a little extra on hand for those times you find something like Lady C has, that fits the occasion, and is perfectly appropriate.

My experience with women is extensive as well. Jewelry is a cake walk to understand in comparison. LMAO. It's hard to go wrong with jewelry, and the fact that you MAY go a little "over the top" usually fades quickly. I can tell you this: She may SAY "Oh, don't spend all that $$$ on little ole' me." but that is going to turn to "Aww, you shouldn't have." with a HUGE grin when you do. (probably accompanied with tears of joy) Oh, if you DO decide on a ring, size it to fit on the proper finger on the LEFT hand, EVEN IF, FOR THE TIME BEING, she should choose to wear it on the right......... :shocked: :wink:

To CM,Lady C, Hawk......

Thank you for all the info and advice, I will take it into consideration.  I don't have the funds to expensive stuff, but I made do.  She is so special and she blushes and smiles when we are together.  She really did not think she would fall in so deep, but she has and I am so happy.  the ring thing i understand

Im going to do it up the inexpensive way... but I did buy the earrings, hope she likes them.  I love her and in love with her, and she tells me the same.  when she visit we go to my cousilling sessions.. and more truth comes out.. wow.  How much you find out people are in love

Im going to do it up the inexpensive way... Thank to all of you....  @Hawk...  I don't know what to say, except you were/are so right in all that you stated, from the first post till the last...  Thanks

This isn't something specific, but get her something thoughtful. It doesn't have to be anything expensive, just something to show you put time into thinking about what to get. For example, if you have an inside joke you can get her something pertaining to that (maybe not the only thing you do for her but something to make her laugh)! Or maybe she mentioned she really wanted to go see a certain play or movie... Just something to show you are paying attention to what she says =) Maybe some flowers too! Not roses, do something original!

I have also done some research for you you can give her one of these greeting cards, Keep in mind that all girls are different and you will know what she likes better than anyone on this forum  Good luck!!

Lauren Mcguire

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0