• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
LadyC

20/20 video clip

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

40 posts in this topic

i'm posting this now, hoping that by the time anyone logs onto the board, it will have been processed by youtube and be available for viewing.

this footage originally aired on 20/20. it has been re-aired on Primetime, The Outsiders, and on some show on WeTV. it features mark and i renewing our wedding vows, and also features caren and brian wagner and their sons. some of you may remember brian and caren... most of you probably won't. they haven't been around here for a long time, but they used to be members here. it also includes robin bennett, the former president of the national society of genetic counselors.

and for the record, john stossel is great! he's so down to earth, really warm and friendly, and we all ate pizza together that day for lunch.

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that was you and your husband renewing your vows in this report!  :D I've actually had this article in my favorites list for a couple years now, and I wasn't sure if they actually made a video report on it!

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/Story?id=2395516&page=1

If only they'd have more reports like this... LadyC, thank you SO much for sharing this video! It was really insightful, and nice to see an unbiased report for once.  ;D

That is so cool! Thank you for sharing that with us. I remembered you posting something about missing the re-run of it right around the time I joined here and I was wishing that I could have seen it. I'm so glad you posted it here. Who knows... it may turn out to be a little bit of help when we all decide to "come out" to our families! Thanks again!!!

you're both very welcome :)

i had originally just uploaded the whole recording onto my server so that people could download it, but it took like a half hour to download (with broadband!), it was so huge. so last night i found it, edited out four minutes of commercials at the beginning, converted it to a format that youtube would accept, and did it that way. much less hassle for the viewers!

i have clips from the pulse, another news program, but it's on vhs, and i don't know how to get it onto my computer. and i still have the entire montel show too, but that was typical talk show stuff. good info, and had some other couples on it too, but i lost respect for montel williams that day.

I remember this clip, people who who are cousin couples that goes on tv have alot of courage.  As a result, that somehow, would encourage more people to marry their cousin.  By the way, that is one of my favorite clips. :)

Oh my!... great video. Never thought a TV program would do this kind of news. Btw,  :( , I wish this video were in spanish (or dubbed at least) so my beloved (cousin) and her whole family may understand about cousin couples. She decided to give me up just because of her mom who said it was the worst thing she'd heard about her doughter and would forget about our existence if my beloved (cousin) chose me.

Once again... GREAT VIDEO!...

Great video.  Thanks very much for sharing this with us.  There's certainly an element of courage in what we do so any sort of outside validation has to help. 

Keep up the good work here on the site.

C.

thank you so much for sharing that with us! if only i could get my cousin to watch it...hmmmm....

What a great story! I love seeing reputable coverage of the taboos, facts, and realities of couple relationships instead of a freak show antics like Jerry Springer!!! Thanks for sharing. If only cousin attraction could stop being the punchline to jokes...

Lady C,

Thanks for sharing. 

Here's the you tube link if you guys want to email to other people.

also,  Lady C,  I can try to transfer tape to DVD if you want.  What kind of tape is it?  8mm? compact tape? 

Pepe

you mean the other videos? they're on VHS

yes, i can transfer that to DVD-no charge :)

Lady C, you should also lock this on top for people to see it right away.

tnx

That was so good.  I missed that on TV.  Please KC keep the Video link on here for ever  :). I think all c.c. 's will get a happy "We are OK" feeling /lift when needed.

:)Ange

my wife and i have been married for11 years we have two daughters that are normal and have no problems they get straight a's in school we also have custody of my oldest daughter from my first marriage we are very happy our story was about the same we reunited after years and fell in love and still are in love we are first cousins in tennessee

oh gosh!! glad we have this on C.C. thanks for sharing!!  :jig: :jig: :jig: :thx:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THE VIDEO CLIP OF "THE OUTSIDERS!" THAT WAS AWESOME! TOO BAD EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY DIDN'T SEE IT! WHEN WE "COME OUT OF THE CLOSET," I'M GOING TO POINT ALL OUR JUDGMENTAL FAMILY MEMBERS TO THAT CLIP! AGAIN, THANK YOU!!!!

Lady c,

I am so happy this has finally aired.  I hope you remember me I was contacted by 20/20 but we were Canadian and to far away. I did give my story and totally support the cousin marriage as I am still in and living my cousin married with children life to the fullest!!.

I sent you purfume because my husband and I could not attend , I was excited to come back to this site after all these years and see that video!!

Miss you all Shellee

xoxox

Thanx for posting that!  I'm gonna show that to my dad and my brother, maybe they will finally accept if they have more facts.  I wish u could post up the montel show, i heard about and read about it, but never saw it.  Y did u loose respect for him?  Couldn't u just get one of those vcrs that has a dvd burner and burn it that way?  I dunno, just an idea.  My fiance knows how to do it with the computer, but he's at work so i'll ask him tommorow. 

:angel:

Thank You for Your inspiration. What we ALL share here on this site is a common bond of actually knowing what it is to be truely loved. I'm not now, nor have I ever had any doubt that Paul and I were meant for each Other.

I only hope that in time, be it this side of the veil or the other that my parents realise that real Love can never be wrong and it doesnt have to be what the curtain twitchers think that matters.

you guys are amazing wow great job ty for sharing this clip makes me feel ALOT BETTER =D

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor