• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
LadyC

20/20 video clip

Guest John Fake

Two thumbs up :ok: :ok: for all of you for sharing this video, I sent it to my cousin for her to see it as well.

JF

Guest kaysimpson10

This is one seriously awesome clip!  I have been happily married to my first cousin for 1 year 1 month and 8 days. I am ecstatic  :biggrin:  that there is such a website as this one!!! Somewhere where I don't have to watch how I word things when someone asks, "So, how did you meet?" Or someone asks about my family and I say "his grandmother" instead of mine and ugh it gets to be such a hassle. THIS IS AMAZING!

Guest luvmycousin

thnx so much for putting that up.  im 34 and just started a relationship with my first cousin after basicly 27 years of seperation.

your story is so much like ours and your feelings seem to be the same as well.  I just feel so close and trusting to her. 

funny thing is once we were intimate after two months of talking and seeing each other I told all my friends and my mother. My mom said good for you and my friends laughed at me but in the end were very happy for me.

thnx again for sharing and places like this help so much.

Guest carlos2342

That was a cool video and it was nice seeing the two from the site on there. 

Guest quanpsyhc

Thanks for sharing that. Really great video. I love that it was open minded.

Guest crazygirl21

I LOVED that video!! Thank you SO much for sharing that. Like everyone else was saying, it was so openminded towards us and he seemed respectful and kind to everyone he was talking to. I'm definitely going to show that to my family when we tell them. Along with showing them stuff from this website :)

yeah, i like stossel. lol, it was fun meeting him, we all shared pizza together in his studio for lunch, and during the lunch break, he was just yacking with us about all sorts of stuff unrelated to the cousin topic. very nice guy. later he published a book called "myths, lies, and downright stupidity: get out the shovel, everything you know is wrong" and there's a chapter about cousins in it. his publisher even sent me an advance copy (only of that chapter) to proofread and fact check. i did want them to make one change... i think it was regarding the biblical perspective, but they chose to ignore my suggestion. still, i thought it was awesome that he included us in his book.

it's a very enlightening book! none of the chapters is very long. i think they average 1-3 pages, each chapter exposing another myth. i think our chapter was only a page. it could have been longer, but i'm not complaining, because it made it into the book in the first place, and that's huge!

Guest crazygirl21

it's a very enlightening book! none of the chapters is very long. i think they average 1-3 pages, each chapter exposing another myth. i think our chapter was only a page. it could have been longer, but i'm not complaining, because it made it into the book in the first place, and that's huge!

That's great that he put us into his book!! I agree it would've been nice about the biblical perspective, but at least we're in there and NOT in a derogatory reference either :) I'll have to check it out and see if I can find that book :)

Guest almazan.fava

The quote phrase from the Bible (None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin) is totally misleading - if people were to hear that, they would think that cousin marriages is wrong. But they should the WHOLE part of it (kindly read below) and think critically of it:

Taken from the King Jame's version of the Holy Bible:

"6  None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.

7  The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

8  The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

9  The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

10 The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.

11 The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

12 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman. 13 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.

14  Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.

15  Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

16  Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.

17  Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.

18  Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time. "

The Bible explicitly specified EXACTLY WHOSE KIN YOU NEVER MUST HAVE ROMANTIC/INTIMATE RELATIONS WITH. No one can see any inference to cousins here - they all pertain to prohibitions within the direct line (Grandparents-Grandchildren, Parents-Children, Siblings, Aunts-Nephews and Uncles-Niece)

Tsk, tsk, tsk - those twisted people who misquote the Bible...

Guest reza

i have clips from the pulse, another news program, but it's on vhs, and i don't know how to get it onto my computer. and i still have the entire montel show too, but that was typical talk show stuff. good info, and had some other couples on it too, but i lost respect for montel williams that day.