• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Denchim

Intro to My (our) Story

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

1 post in this topic

New here, and I wish I had seen this site ten years ago.  It could have been very helpful.  My cousin and I have had an on/off relationship for the last 13ish years.  Scandalous, secretive, passionate, angry.  From the beginning, we knew this was something huge, and we're like magnets, it's electric.  But, about ten years ago, he decided he couldn't do the whole "run away together" thing, and I moved on.  Even knowing that we had no future, we couldn't stay away from each other.  He's had his own family for quite some time, and I am starting my own family now with a wonderful man that is absolutely one of my soul mates (cause I believe in multiple soul mates).  But so is my cousin, and we've always known that.  My husband does know about my past relationship with my cousin, and he's not crazy about it, but he understands and he doesn't ever hold it against me.  It's just like any other ex. 

And, no, my cousin and I are not in a relationship anymore, though we do talk from time to time. He respects my marriage and also accepts that many of the obstacles we faced were caused by him. 

The reason I joined this website is because I'm really happy that it exists for the people who can benefit from it now, and I think I may be able to give people some good advice.  I'm also interested in this site for light research purposes. Not really research, it's more curiosity to see how others are handling the same situations that we were in years ago. 

I may delve into our situation a little more at a later date, but right now I'm more interested in seeing others' experiences with this issue, from the point of view of both sexes, and to help when I think I can. 

I'm excited to be here and excited to maybe share some wisdom!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0