• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nessa76

How i live now movie

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

14 posts in this topic

I just watched a preview of the movie "how i live now"    It seems okay, not out on DVD until 10th February over here in the UK

Has anyone watched it in full, if so how did you find the movie without giving too much away of course?  :laugh:

nessa76

i watched it with mark. i liked it more than he did.  in fact, i may have to watch it again when it becomes available. (i was able to rent it streaming from amazon while it was still in the theaters, but they've removed that option now until it's released to dvd. you get it a day earlier than we will here in the states.

anyway, i wrote a review about it some time ago on amazon, and copied it in another thread. http://www.cousincouples.com/forum/index.php?topic=6738.0

i watched it with mark. i liked it more than he did.  in fact, i may have to watch it again when it becomes available. (i was able to rent it streaming from amazon while it was still in the theaters, but they've removed that option now until it's released to dvd. you get it a day earlier than we will here in the states.

anyway, i wrote a review about it some time ago on amazon, and copied it in another thread. http://www.cousincouples.com/forum/index.php?topic=6738.0

Sounds like its got a good story line to the movie :smiley:    Its normally american films that you get earlier than we do over here in the UK.

nessa76

I just watched it and posted it on the Movie section. I liked it. I sent it to my cousin too. It's on Netflix too.

hi,

i am also  love with my cousin. but he is my mom's own sister's son, i am 30y and he 34y we r in love with childhood. . . We love our family alot and cnt go aganist them, so if u can help me plz, need help !!! i come from a south Indian family. i need a couple who is ready to help me out bcoz i have very less time some one can help me plzzzzzzzzzzzz................................. mail id redacted. looking who r in same trouble please. i have veryless time. yeterday only i came to know. my family forcing for marry from past 8yrs not able to do anything with lots of hope looking forward

regards

kavitha :cry:

Thanks so much for the links to the streaming movie online for free 'Gotitgood'.

Well appreciated and its looking good so far.  :smiley:

Wow that was a heart wrenching movie. Almost had me in tears several times.

10 out of 10 for that one, thanks again for the link to 'How I live now'.

After watching that I had to buy the DVD on Amazon.

And one more thing. I love the soundtrack in it also. I wonder if it is possible to buy that seperately.

To begin with I bought the book 'Right from Wrong' then read it and gave it to my first cousin, she liked it too.

Also I bought her the DVD 'The mists of Avalon'.

She loved that also.

Now I have ordered the DVD 'How I Live Now'.

And OK I went for it and ordered the movie 'Jude' aswell from amazon.

I am sure she will love both of these movies too.

We will watch them in the next few days whilst lying in each others arms together, forever.

I have seen love before but with her it is something else, a connection that goes beyond love and she feels the same.

Soulmate I don't beleive would be the correct word it is just perfect between us.

And the half of the family that are uncomfortable about it can either get used to it or get disowned.

Just found a link for the entire movie 'Jude' on youtube, here it is if you don't want to buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7nOLjNsqRU

Since this topic has been resurrected, I will chime in. 

I watched How I Live Now a couple of weeks ago with my 17 year old daughter.  It's a marvelous movie.

The cousin relationship is really just a relationship, which is the way it should be.  By the end of the movie, you forget that the two kids are cousins and just see them as two young lovers who have endured a tragedy and are committed to each other's welfare.

Watching this gave me an opportunity to discuss my cousin relationship with my daughter.  She has been very open minded about it, but it's always good to talk about society's unwarranted prejudices with your kiddos.  We were able to talk about how you forget that the couple are cousins by the end of the movie and the parallels to that in my own life.  I rarely think of my cuz as my cuz, I think of him as my life partner. 

the movie is next in my Netflix DVD query, so it had better be good lol. Or I will let you know about it -- from a man's perspective. I generally do not like sci-fi or romantic comedies.

My idea of a romantic comedy is Harald and Maude. Fantastic! And The Whole Wide World -- watched it 5 times already. Put those on your list. I also loved A walk in the clouds and Annie Hall. Romantic comedies are generally neither romantic nor funny to this old fart.

you'll like it from a man's perspective. mark didn't, but then mark prefers movies that make ya laugh, and this one was nothing to laugh about. it's pure drama on the level of jude, but better and with a backdrop of war.

it was more innocent than the movie jude though, because the characters were just teenagers forced into an adult situation, and nobody was married to somebody else.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0