Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nessa76

Does anyone know a good movie involving cousins?

26 posts in this topic

As my question asks lol  Does anyone know any good movies involving cousin relationships/romances? Preferably 1st cousins but if not, 2nd cousins will do  :cheesy:

nessa76

Kissing Cousins was an indie favorite of mine from a couple of years ago. It was a light hearted bollywood semi-romantic comedy. some of the people from here who watched it were disappointed with it, but not me.

for a depressing movie, there is always Jude, starring kate winslet.

another favorite of mine is 'Mansfield Park'. i can't remember which version i have watched, but it was really good.

and of course, there is always 'how i live now' coming out next week.

all of the above are about first cousins.

Kissing Cousins was an indie favorite of mine from a couple of years ago. It was a light hearted bollywood semi-romantic comedy. some of the people from here who watched it were disappointed with it, but not me.

another favorite of mine is 'Mansfield Park'. i can't remember which version i have watched, but it was really good.

Thanks for that LadyC, i will look them up on amazon  :smiley:  I did try and look for kissing cousins on amazon but couldn't find it on DVD or Blu-Ray but i did watch some of it on youtube.

I will let you know what i find on amazon.

nessa76

Just had a  look on Amazon, saved the dvd's Jude and Mansfield Park in to my wish list  :smiley:

try this link... http://www.amazon.com/Kissing-Cousins-Gerry-Bednob/dp/B002DY9KOI/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1391408592&sr=1-3&keywords=kissing+cousins

i looked on amazon.co.uk.... do ya'll not have the option for streaming instant video from there? and if not, can you stream from amazon.com? the link i provided gives the option to rent, although i don't know if you can rent from the american site. if not, try this option... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002DY9KOI/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

try this link... http://www.amazon.com/Kissing-Cousins-Gerry-Bednob/dp/B002DY9KOI/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1391408592&sr=1-3&keywords=kissing+cousins

i looked on amazon.co.uk.... do ya'll not have the option for streaming instant video from there? and if not, can you stream from amazon.com? the link i provided gives the option to rent, although i don't know if you can rent from the american site. if not, try this option... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002DY9KOI/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

I just had a look at both links. I could watch it on the amazon instant video if only i had a credit card. Its region1 that the dvd to buy on amazon.co.uk but i'm not sure if it will play on my dvd player. Might work on my laptop though. I've added it in my wish list anyway, if i have problems after buying it, hopefully i could get a refund after sending it back  :smiley:

Kissing cousins is a good movie, i enjoyed it when i watched most of it on youtube lol

Just bought the DVD "Jude" on amazon, i should receive the dvd tomorrow  :smiley:  Watched a clip of it on youtube, it does seem like a good movie, although as you say its a bit depressing lol

nessa76

Thanks Ladyc for the movies.

I will definately be ordering the 'How I live now' film and I'm sure me and my first cousin who are now engaged to be married will enjoy it.

The youtube trailer looks great. Not only first cousins together but also scifi apocalyptic. Looks like it has everything in it I like in movies...

Cousin Cousine

Luckily its got English subtitles but there's an American Version of the movie called "Cousins" thats in english

nessa76

but the american movie, cousins, isn't about blood related cousins. they're 'step cousins by marriage' if i remember correctly. they worked really hard at distancing the characters so far that it wouldn't be offensive to the public, but it sure made it laughable to us!

It sure does sound laughable to just apply step cousins by marriage to not offend the public lol 

I watched Mansfield park yesterday, it was a great movie to watch.

here's the movie i watched http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mansfield-Park-DVD-Frances-OConnor/dp/B00005U1XU/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1415201094&sr=1-1&keywords=mansfield+park

Had to show which one i watched, since they've made a few movies of "Mansfield Park".

nessa76

love mansfield park. best cousin movie ever! i think the one you linked to is the one i watched years ago. i would guess all the other versions of it were just as good, but i don't know.

it's also available for streaming on netflix for the time being. (those on this side of the pond can't use the amazon.co.uk link).

maybe i'll watch it this afternoon! maybe i'll watch it AND how i live now. it seems like a good day for a movie. but... i still have episodes of tv shows to catch up on too.

have either of you ever read the book?  It is available on Project Gutenberg for FREE!  lol

HUGS

Nat

I haven't read the book but i'm not really a reading person Nattana, wish i was though. I did say i was going to read "right from wrong" though a while back, haven't got round to doing so yet.

Watching and or reading is always better free than having to pay, definitely lol

nessa76

you might be interested to read Jane Austen's original story - interpreted by her in her own times. 

HUGS

Nat

You could also listen to the book. You can find free audio recordings of it on librivox (kinda like Project Gutenberg, in that it's all public domain books, just volunteers read them. I believe they're in mp3 format) I did that a few years ago, along with other novels, to listen to while at work  :grin: Pretty sure I actually read Mansfield Park the first time through though, as opposed to listening to it or watching a film adaption of it  :smiley: .  In my senior year of high school my english teacher spotted me reading it and said I could use it to write my research paper on  :grin:

Thats good then, i'd rather listen to the book than having to read a book lol

Concentration goes with me when i have read in the past, reading is good for memory though  :smiley:

I will have a look at those sites when i've the time to, sounds good

nessa76

love mansfield park. best cousin movie ever! i think the one you linked to is the one i watched years ago. i would guess all the other versions of it were just as good, but i don't know.

it's also available for streaming on netflix for the time being. (those on this side of the pond can't use the amazon.co.uk link).

maybe i'll watch it this afternoon! maybe i'll watch it AND how i live now. it seems like a good day for a movie. but... i still have episodes of tv shows to catch up on too.

A few week ago on Facebook one of my aunt's said she's watching fanny price Lol Idk if it was coincidence or whether she knew about me with my cousin but either way it made me laugh lol

Great balls of fire. A real life story about a famous artist who was romantically in a relationship with his cousin.

Watched Mansfield Park and Jude. Both were good. Jude was very sad but it did touch on a lot of similar situations such as "rumors" about cousins and how to react to the community knowing...religious doubts and guilt...previous marriages with children etc. Jude ended very tragically.

Watched Mansfield Park and Jude. Both were good. Jude was very sad but it did touch on a lot of similar situations such as "rumors" about cousins and how to react to the community knowing...religious doubts and guilt...previous marriages with children etc. Jude ended very tragically.

They both are really good, Jude was sad. It was set in the dark ages, I doubt it would happen nowadays though of the kids being killed and the one who committed suicide!

Mansfield park is a good one, when my cousin's mom found out that I'm attracted to my Cousin (her son), my other aunt knew and put on Facebook I like Fanny Price Lol

It was through her knowing about me with my cousin!

nessa76

Neither was I disappointed with Kissing Cousins. It was charming despite my prejudices going into it (ie Bollywood low budget, thick accents and on and on.) None of these proved to be true at all.

I haven't heard of "How I Live Now." I'm going to check it out now.

How I Live Now is out on Netflix now.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0