• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nessa76

Cousin Attraction?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if cousin attraction is hereditary?

The reason i ask is because on my dads side, my uncle had a blessing with his 1st cousin & the cousin i'm attracted to, his sister is married to her 2nd cousin. The cousin i'm attracted to, is my moms Sisters Son. So, its on both sides in my family.

This is just something i'm curious about, whether its in the DNA (genes) or not  :laugh:

Thanks

nessa76

i'm not sure hereditary is the right word, but there is something called GSA (genetic sexual attraction) that has been the subject of some study. there was a very good article once (in fact, KC wrote a really good one once too! but it got lost over the years) that covered the results of a famous study involving the japanese quail. it seems as though throughout the animal kingdom, when left to their own devices, many species are more attracted to their first cousin (or whatever the equivalent is called for animals) and will choose to a first cousin as a mate rather than an unrelated animal of the same species. this seemed to be particularly true for the quail.

be careful if you go googling GSA though. a lot of perverts in the world have used it to justify sibling incest, parent/child incest, etc. those will be the top result on search engines.

i'm not sure hereditary is the right word, but there is something called GSA (genetic sexual attraction) that has been the subject of some study. there was a very good article once (in fact, KC wrote a really good one once too! but it got lost over the years) that covered the results of a famous study involving the japanese quail. it seems as though throughout the animal kingdom, when left to their own devices, many species are more attracted to their first cousin (or whatever the equivalent is called for animals) and will choose to a first cousin as a mate rather than an unrelated animal of the same species. this seemed to be particularly true for the quail.

be careful if you go googling GSA though. a lot of perverts in the world have used it to justify sibling incest, parent/child incest, etc. those will be the top result on search engines.

I will have a look later. I think if i remember rightly, i did read a little on japanese quail relating to cousins. It is interesting  :smiley:

nessa76

I have come across perverts in googling, trying to justify GSA with their actions. I can't believe the amount of people that think GSA with cousins is incest. They're just uneducated/misinformed on the subject though  :smiley:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0