Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meant2b

Business Insider Article: The Surprising Truth about Cousins and Marriage

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

9 posts in this topic

congrats on 9 years! the article was really good. and posted yesterday, surprising! the comments left by readers were typically an open display of ignorance. but that is NOT surprising.

Congrats on your anniversary!

Learned something new today - Kansas was the first state to ban cousin marriage (in 1858, three years before it had statehood).

"is estimated that as many as 80% of the marriages in human history have been between first or second cousins."

Wow that is interesting.

yep! in some countries, the percentage of cousin marriages is still very high :)

Thanks for sharing this- very helpful info! I just found this site today and I'm so glad I did! My cousin and I have been hiding our relationship for a few months now and we are just starting to tell our friends and family. So far we have told our closest friends and his dad and everyone has been more than supportive. My dad (his dad's brother) knows that we are moving in together and we think that he has figured it out for himself. He's been really cold towards us lately so we decided that we have to just straight up tell him. We're going to his house in a couple hours to talk to him about it and some of the info in that article will be helpful. Thanks again! We're wicked nervous... wish us luck :-/

Thanks for sharing this- very helpful info! I just found this site today and I'm so glad I did! My cousin and I have been hiding our relationship for a few months now and we are just starting to tell our friends and family. So far we have told our closest friends and his dad and everyone has been more than supportive. My dad (his dad's brother) knows that we are moving in together and we think that he has figured it out for himself. He's been really cold towards us lately so we decided that we have to just straight up tell him. We're going to his house in a couple hours to talk to him about it and some of the info in that article will be helpful. Thanks again! We're wicked nervous... wish us luck :-/

Well? How did it go?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0