Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thunder

Rejected by cousin....

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

First off, if anyone is interested in the whole story behind me and my cousin...here it is

http://www.cousincouples.com/forum/index.php?topic=6751.0

Recently, I decided I couldnt take it anymore and decided to confess to my cousin that I hav strong feelings for her. She was a bit shocked at first and was a little weird-ed out. She said she saw me as a little brother and cant feel the same way even if she wanted to. That was one of the hardest moments of my life. I couldnt stop crying that night because I felt I lost a friend too. However, she texted me the next day to "check up" on me and I told her I dont want to lose our friendship because of my feelings. She said she doesnt want to either but suggested I take a break from her to figure it out before we go back to normal but I hav a feeling we cant ever be the same way again. Im really depressed these days. Funny thing is...whenever I felt that way, I would talk to my cousin and it would make me feel better but now I lost that with her..... Any tips on how to get thru and move on?

Hey everyone,

First off, if anyone is interested in the whole story behind me and my cousin...here it is

http://www.cousincouples.com/forum/index.php?topic=6751.0

Recently, I decided I couldnt take it anymore and decided to confess to my cousin that I hav strong feelings for her. She was a bit shocked at first and was a little weird-ed out. She said she saw me as a little brother and cant feel the same way even if she wanted to. That was one of the hardest moments of my life. I couldnt stop crying that night because I felt I lost a friend too. However, she texted me the next day to "check up" on me and I told her I dont want to lose our friendship because of my feelings. She said she doesnt want to either but suggested I take a break from her to figure it out before we go back to normal but I hav a feeling we cant ever be the same way again. Im really depressed these days. Funny thing is...whenever I felt that way, I would talk to my cousin and it would make me feel better but now I lost that with her..... Any tips on how to get thru and move on?

I think she is right.. You have to take a break from her to sort things out for yourself. It's not like she's gone-gone or that you lost her in any way. She is still her and you are still who you are. That's fine... It's just a mini-bump in the road. Yes, she may not be there for you at this juncture but eventually, I know that things will eventually be back to normal... :) In the meantime, go out with your guy friends.

Play basketball or something. ;)

Pooch

Funny you mention basketball...cuz thats exactly what I played to get my mind off her  :cheesy:

However, I still miss her everyday...more as a friend than anything. I don't really know how long a 'break' Im supposed to take before initiating contact with her...

You break from her until.....

Until you can think about her without it breaking your heart

Until you are secure in yourself

Until you can talk to her without longing for her

Until you are completely over her

From the tone of your previous posts, this really has been a one sided attraction all along. 

Once your emotions are under control concerning her, then you can gradually initiate contact with her. 

Will that be 6 weeks, 6 months, a year, 2 years?  None of us knows.  You will know when you are over her.  You'll just know....

Funny you mention basketball...cuz thats exactly what I played to get my mind off her  :cheesy:

However, I still miss her everyday...more as a friend than anything. I don't really know how long a 'break' Im supposed to take before initiating contact with her...

Haha! I knew it! :P A Kevin Durant fan, yes? :P

Pooch

Wow, I sure hope I get over her soon....but I fear the longer  I stay away from her, the more awkward our friendship will become...

Pooch, Haha yea KD for mvp! How did u know? :P

And thanks for the advice everyone :)

Wow, I sure hope I get over her soon....but I fear the longer  I stay away from her, the more awkward our friendship will become...

Pooch, Haha yea KD for mvp! How did u know? :P

And thanks for the advice everyone :)

It's because you are THUNDER.. This means you're from OKC. :P

but I fear the longer  I stay away from her, the more awkward our friendship will become...

Nah, I don't think it will going to be awkward. It will only be awkward if YOU will make it awkward. ;) Give it some time man, don't rush.. Shoot some hoops. :)

Pooch

Pooch

hlo friend same situation here for me as my younger cousin also rejected me but a person should never loose hope :)

This was in Feb, I wonder if you guys are friends again. This is inspiring to me because even though it didn't go according to plan you still had the guts to do it.you are awesome man and you and your cousin will be friends again...probably closer.

Nah, I don't think it will going to be awkward. It will only be awkward if YOU will make it awkward. ;) Give it some time man, don't rush.. Shoot some hoops. :)

Haha yea shooting hoops is the only thing that keeps my mind off her :P

hlo friend same situation here for me as my younger cousin also rejected me but a person should never loose hope :)

Dw bro, I hope things between you two work out for the best :)

This was in Feb, I wonder if you guys are friends again. This is inspiring to me because even though it didn't go according to plan you still had the guts to do it.you are awesome man and you and your cousin will be friends again...probably closer.

Thanks :) But tbh, we r still not back at the same friendship level yet. However, she did initiate contact me to ask how I am doing. So thats a start!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0