• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Charity715

Legal Advice

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

My cousin and I have fallen in love and it is best love I have ever experienced!!!!  This has been going on for 4 months now and we have told those that are close to us (mom, best friend, his son).  Not everyone is responding the way that we hoped, but I expected that to be the case and I know thru time the shock will wear off and everything will be fine.  The problem that I am seeking advice on is that I am currently going thru a divorce and my 2 young girls (ages 4 and 6) know that my cousin and I are in love and have made comments to my soon to be ex-husband.  Know he is threatening calling social services for me to lose custody of my girls.  I am in no way neglecting my girls or hurting them.  All they see is love between us and they also love him very much.  Any advice?

Charity, welcome to the site. The answer really depends a lot on what state you and your soon-to-be-ex live in and the ratio of education-to-ignorance of the lawyers, social workers, and judge involved in the process.  If you have a lawyer who is working on your side of the divorce, this would be an excellent question. Your lawyer needs to know as much as possible about your situation in order to properly represent you and protect your interests... that's why they make the big bucks.

If you don't have a lawyer representing you in your divorce, you need to stop everything and get one.  Going into something as complex as a divorce, you absolutely need one.

I hope that helps a little.

Best wishes,

CM

Charity715,

^^^ That right there, and allow me to toss in a couple cents of my own. Allow me to first mention the standard disclaimer that "We don't give legal advice here on the site." That being said, go to the link on the main page and check your State laws to see where you stand. http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=states I'm sure your lawyer would know all of this already, but it wouldn't hurt to show him/her the site here to be sure you are reading it right.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0