LadyC

Documentary on cousins

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

8 posts in this topic

i have spoken with this lady on the phone and in email, and have agreed to post her request here. sounds like it has potential, if anyone is interested in talking to her. the production company is british but they are not limiting this opportunity to that country.

Hi Christie,

Thanks so much for getting back to me, it was great to speak with you today.  As discussed my name is Katharine Phillips, and I am contacting you from Back2Back Productions, we are an award winning British documentary company (www.back2back.tv).  We make a wide range of documentary programmes, and have been asked by a major broadcaster to produce a new heart-warming documentary which will follow the lives of cousins who are living in loving committed relationships.  We pride ourselves on working collaboratively with people to tell their stories, and are experienced at handling sensitive subject matter.  (As requested please find a link here to one of our programmes, which documented the trial of a child murderer in the UK, you will appreciate this is a very different subject matter, but one that required the utmost care and sensitivity http://back2back.tv/media/soham/final/ )

This new sensitive documentary will tell the story of cousins in successful affectionate relationships, demonstrating how a couple?s support and love for one another can help people to overcome even the most challenging situations.  We believe this is an excellent opportunity to explore the reality of issues surrounding cousin couples, dispelling some of the myths and stigma attached to these relationships.  We are keen to demonstrate that marrying within the family for cultural and social reasons, can in some cases make for stronger relationships, and provide a protective and supportive environment for the couples.

We are currently in the research stages of the documentary so are keen to speak to couples about their personal experiences, and would be particularly keen to hear from couples from the US, the UK or Australia, this would not be a commitment to be in the programme but it would be invaluable for our research.  Taking part in any documentary is of course a personal decision and a time commitment which we recognise, so there would be a fee available for any contributors selected for the final programme. I would really appreciate it if you were able to pass on this information to those that may be interested, and I would be more than happy to answer any questions, alternatively I can be contacted at [email protected] or call me on +441273 227 700

Many thanks again for all of your help, and do let me know if you need anything else at all.

Kind regards,

Katharine

twenty five views and no comments?

i used to do a lot of interviews on tv, magazines, radio.... several of us have over the years. news/documentary type shows are nothing like doing the exploitive talk show circuit.

i hope someone will express an interest. laws need to change. society stigmas need to change. but it's time for someone else to take up the torch and carry it.

I just received another request today from another company. I even have people trying to reach me through facebook. In the beginning, we had people lined up to get involved. This website wouldn't exist without the help and encouragement I received right off the bat. This has always been a community project. Please consider getting involved. If you have time to fool around with your cousin, you have time to do a little documentary.  :grin:

I'm trying to write another million word essay on a subject I know nothing about so my professor can ball it up and throw it in the garbage like he did my last one. I have no time.

yeah, this lady from back2back contacted me first through facebook. but the biggest deal is this one PAYS! that's really unusual.

Hi Lady C and KC

Thanks so much for posting this for me.  I just wanted to introduce myself to the members, my name's Katharine and I work for the above mentioned UK documentary company Back2Back.  We're really keen to speak to people about the programme, because as KC says we think this would be a great chance to educate people, raise awareness, and to show cousin relationships in a positive light.  This is a sensitive documentary, not a talkshow, so a great opportunity to tell your story in your own words. 

Initially I am just looking to speak to people confidentially about their experiences, and you wouldn't be committing to be in the programme at this stage, it would just been an informal chat, so even if you just wanted to know a bit more about it please get in touch.  We are looking for people from all nationalities and backgrounds, so you don't have to be UK based, and there is a fee available for any participants who are featured in the documentary.  You can reach me at [email protected] or call me on +441273 227 700

Hope to speak to you soon

Katharine

I may be interested. Is it filmed remotely? I have told my fianc? that maybe one of our "purposes" is to break the stigma. We live in the US.

not sure snow, they're still in the preliminary stages. i know one couple from australia (the ones that are in the "insight" show that that is stickied to the top of the videos forum) have contacted her. you should contact her also!

Hi Snowwhite

Thanks so much for the interest in the programme - I've sent you a private message hope you've got it, let me know if it doesn't come through.  As LadyC says we are at the early research stages so are speaking to people worldwide at the moment, so it would be great to have a chat, you can message me on here or at [email protected] and I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

Katharine

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead