Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LadyC

12 Years A Slave

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

11 posts in this topic

anyone seen this? i wasted more than 5 bucks and two hours on it today. was totally overwhelmed with how graphic the brutality was, and totally UNDER whelmed by every other aspect of the movie. IMO, it was one of the worst pieces of crap produced in recent years. the media hype is just that... hype. why it has gotten such rave reviews and awards is beyond me.

and yet, even on amazon, it has gotten more 4 and 5 star reviews than i care to count. it has a lot of good honest negative reviews too, but the amount of 'hate mail' type responses to anyone who criticized the movie was worse than the hate responses was enormous. anyone who didn't love the movie is labeled as a racist moron or worse. it's ridiculous.

so has anyone here seen it?

anyone seen this? i wasted more than 5 bucks and two hours on it today. was totally overwhelmed with how graphic the brutality was, and totally UNDER whelmed by every other aspect of the movie. IMO, it was one of the worst pieces of crap produced in recent years. the media hype is just that... hype. why it has gotten such rave reviews and awards is beyond me.

and yet, even on amazon, it has gotten more 4 and 5 star reviews than i care to count. it has a lot of good honest negative reviews too, but the amount of 'hate mail' type responses to anyone who criticized the movie was worse than the hate responses was enormous. anyone who didn't love the movie is labeled as a racist moron or worse. it's ridiculous.

so has anyone here seen it?

I haven't seen it but maybe the 4 or 5 star reviews was because brad pitt was in the movie :laugh:  I'll just stick to the DVD "jude" i bought the other week lol

nessa76

brad pitt had like two five minute scenes in the whole movie. so did alfre woodard. part of the whole disjointed feel and lack of character development seems to have come from them trying to pack so many big names into the movie, ya know? lots of cameo appearances. but there were really only three or four people who had a significant amount of scenes. how'd ya like jude?

brad pitt had like two five minute scenes in the whole movie. so did alfre woodard. part of the whole disjointed feel and lack of character development seems to have come from them trying to pack so many big names into the movie, ya know? lots of cameo appearances. but there were really only three or four people who had a significant amount of scenes. how'd ya like jude?

I just do, although sad at the end but its a good film to watch imo. I probably like it because it involves 2 cousins, even though she ended it with him at the end. Sounds kind of silly but hopefully you know what i mean? lol

nessa76 

yeah, i know what ya mean. personally i found the whole movie pretty depressing. have you ever read the book called right from wrong, by cindy bonner? never made it to a movie, but it's an excellent story of cousins, based loosely on the author's grandmother's life. it was pretty sad, too, at the end, but it's one of the best cousin romances i've ever read.

yeah, i know what ya mean. personally i found the whole movie pretty depressing. have you ever read the book called right from wrong, by cindy bonner? never made it to a movie, but it's an excellent story of cousins, based loosely on the author's grandmother's life. it was pretty sad, too, at the end, but it's one of the best cousin romances i've ever read.

No i haven't read the book "right from wrong". I'm not really a reading kind of person but maybe i'll try and read it sometime, once i've got the time too. Just added it to my wishlist anyway on amazon, so i'll probably buy it soon.

I will let you know anyway, once i've got round to reading it.

nessa76

Download XBMC

Then add (an installer: Fusion and Xunity)

Then add: iSTREAMS, Mashup, USTVNOW then get rid of cable, like we did LOL!

gotitgood, i got rid of cable three years ago, i didn't need to go through all that! we have netflix, hulu, and an antennae that picks up about 60 stations.

ok, never having heard of those, i looked them up. the ustvnow has my interest piqued... but only six channels are free, and we already get those. are you able to get all the channels for free?

ok, never having heard of those, i looked them up. the ustvnow has my interest piqued... but only six channels are free, and we already get those. are you able to get all the channels for free?

We get every movie and tv station around the world, for free. XBMC

It is really simple actually. Plus you can view your photos and video as well as music library and movies on it too.

My friends have netflix hulu and google - and don't get anywhere near what we do. If you open up an IMDB account and put your credentials into xbmc, you can choose the movies online and they show up on your watchlist or custom menu to watch whenever you wish...

I can't say it is legal to stream this stuff but it isn't illegal to watch the streams. XBMC is for watching streams only.

We use a machine (pc) and a remote keyboard but you can set up remotes or control it with your smartphone...

We do both.

All XBMC does is give you big buttons (what is called the 10 foot screen like netflix etc.

It aggregates the websites online and makes them easily searchable in one place...

Like:

IceFilms

Movies\Tv Shows

or

Primewire.ag

Movies \Tv Shows

or

TVPC

Network Television

Or any of the other tens of thousands of sites...

If you loaded the ones I mentioned on the previous post, you can get pretty much everything...

HBO\HistoryChannel\Sports\Showtime\Cinemax\NBC\ABC\Fox\News etc and from every country.

You can also watch Reddit Videos\Liveleak\Youtube and all kinds on internet TV.

Really, it makes the best cable that you can buy pale in comparison and the best part is that you can DVR it with a pc for live stufff (or watch live) and watch whatever whenever you want.

It can be loaded on Xbox, Windows, MAC, Linux, Android, RaspberryPi, Roku and more...

If you mail me a flash drive (or have an online hosting account that can take a 5G upload, I can send you my windows up-to-date setup (and I can even customize it with your own background) .

You can upload it to your pc in minutes and kiss cable bub-bye! HAHA!

I have a windows based link online now- all you need to do is download xbmc then swap a folder out after unzipping it and you are good to go, PM me if anyone wants the link to it (it is on my personal website)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0