• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
KC

Major Television Production Company Now Casting Cousin Couples!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

38 posts in this topic

Now Casting!

Are You Romantically Involved With a Cousin?

Have you fallen hopelessly in love with your cousin? Are you sick of the negative preconceptions surrounding people who date their cousins and want to prove all of those judgmental people wrong?  Are you tired of your love being misunderstood?

A Major Television Production Company and very well-respected Major Cable Network are currently looking for dynamic women and men who are currently in a relationship with a cousin.

Using a documentary television format, the show will aim to break down the stereotypes and get to the heart of what it?s really like to be attached to someone who?s a relation.  If you?re dating, or are engaged/married to a cousin, we want to hear from you for this new documentary television project!

Please submit the following to [email protected]

1.    Name

2.    Location

3.    Contact Info (Phone and Email)

4.    A recent photo of yourself

5.    A brief paragraph describing your current situation.  How long you?ve been dating / married, the challenges you face because of your relationship, how people react to your relationship, etc.

**Once you submit your information, a casting producer may contact you with more information (production company, casting process, etc.).  There is compensation for appearing on this project.**

keep in mind, kc and i always check out as best we can any media opportunities, and only present to our members the ones that seem the most legitimate and the least exploitative. this one happens to be for Lifetime Network... well respected, and one i'd definitely give a thumbs up to.

Nevermind their Gmail address, I think the producers simply want a little anonymity. I can, however, tell you that you have watched their shows before, and probably still do. They are highly, highly successful. I would like nothing more than to see this project come to fruition and become a success as well.

hi,

i am also  love with my cousin. but he is my mom's own sister's son, i am 30y and he 34y we r in love with childhood. . . We love our family alot and cnt go aganist them, so if u can help me plz, need help !!! i come from a south Indian family. i need a couple who is ready to help me out bcoz i have very less time some one can help me plzzzzzzzzzzzz................................. mail id (redacted). looking who r in same trouble please. i have veryless time. yeterday only i came to know. my family forcing for marry from past 8yrs not able to do anything with lots of hope looking forward

regards

kavitha 

I've tried to email them but the email that was posted doesn't work. Is there another way to send information to them?

kavitha, please post in the appropriate place. create a NEW thread so that people will be responding to YOUR issues. please don't keep posting in random threads like this. i sent you a link the other day to the "tips for getting responses", which is also one of the "stickied" threads in the help and advice forum. please go back and read it.

XKittyKatX:  You can go ahead an email me your information at [email protected] -  very sorry the email address didn't work for you before!  I look forward to receiving your submission!

By a quick show of hands, how many have responded to these producers? Let's all get involved and help make this a success. This is our best opportunity to gain support for our plight, trust me. I predict that this excellent opportunity will never come our way again.

i'm with KC, this is an opportunity that shouldn't be passed up on. it's time for people to step up to the plate! we'll never see change unless people are willing to put themselves out there. this is not the time to be yellow!

on a show like this, you wouldn't be made fun of. your relationship would be treated with the dignity it deserves. because of that, it changes the perceptions of the public. it's highly unlikely that anyone you ever meet would make fun of you to your face, and those who did make fun of you aren't worth worrying about anyway.

mark and i have done television shows many times, and trust me... when tv producers present the facts and treat the couples as normal, then the people watching the show respond the same.

don't let fear stop you from at least talking with the producers to see what they have to say.

:undecided:

I really wish we could go on this show.  We've never been open about our relationship, and any possibility that we would've had of being together, he squandered about ten years ago.  So we're not a couple and haven't been one for a long time.  I know if we were, though, we'd be an excellent couple to have on the show. 

Hey everyone! This is one of the casting directors for the docsueries! We will be wrapping up casting soon, so please submit your information ASAP!! Keep in mind that this series will simply highlight and educate about relative relationships. We will NOT make fun of anyone or judge WHO YOU WANT TO LOVE! This could be your chance to get your story told!

You can email me directly at: [email protected]

Kelley A.

By the way my "gmail" is legit. Most casting producer/directors work freelance and bounce around from company to company therefore we keep a standard email to filter submissions. MY EMAIL WAS APPROVED BEFORE I POSTED IT =) Thanks!!!!!

THIS email was approved?  Why so many changes?  Does your company not have a singular voice through which it works?  I know you're promising to do this well but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.  My paranoia is kicking into high gear (even higher than normal, anyway).

CM

As you could imagine this isn't a easy show to cast! We as casting directors sometimes rotate to bring fresh ideas, strategy and research to a project, therefore the point of contact may change from time to time. Overall the main producers are still the same, so no need to raise your paranoia levels...we just want to give this opportunity to amazing cousin couples that are open about their situation. ;) Thanks!

I can imagine.  Even once cast, if this is intended to be a multi-episode show, it will also be a hard show to sell.  My concern, and I'm sure you understand, is that a hard show to sell usually has to make the subject matter more interesting than the other shows in its time slot - that often translates to more extreme, more unusual, and even shocking the sensibilities of the average viewer. 

VH1 doesn't make its money selling educational content; it's not the History channel or National Geographic.  Cousin couples would have to be a relatively small portion of something that would encompass every other relationship that is outside the usual American mold.  Polygamy - been done, but still interesting enough to do again.  Same sex - definitely something on everyone's radar, but almost too normative to bother with nowadays.  So what's left?  Siblings?  Parent/child?  Much older to much younger (60 and 16 in a state where 16 is technically legal)?  Human/Pet?  Group multi-sexual?

I'm sure a lot of the real selling material the producers will use to get the show aired is being held close to the vest.  I've kept all of my media work to date in pseudonymous print but some of our other admins who have already done TV have vouched for this as a potentially good opportunity, so I'm guessing they've seen more than I've seen.  All the same, I am curious what the real selling materials and contracts will say.

CM

wait.... last i heard, this was to be on the lifetime channel. the production company has done series like american idol and similar things in the past, but the whole thing that sold me on this was that it would be on lifetime, which is well known for quality programming that is not exploitative.

am i confusing two different opportunities?

This is NOT for VH1. LadyC's information is coorect.

While I see you points, people can't be made to do anything they aren't comfortable with. We are simply in the casting phase. All we need is a 30 minute skype interview from couples that are interested, if they are selected they will have the opportunity to get all details pertaining to production, schedules, contracts, etc PRIOR to accepting to be apart of the show in question. Casting is simply for consideration, no one is tied to being on the show and can always respectfully decline if it isn't what they hoped it be. Hope this helps.

i've also contacted the austrailian couple, but haven't heard back from them yet. i do hope someone will do this.

finally! please contact them, nsdc!

You asked for a show of hands as to how many of us have contacted the show so I wanted to let ya know that my cousband and I have :)

Best regards,

Jonah and Skye

think one of them already spoke to Amanda on the phone. I'm about to send them a PM

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor