<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>

Major Television Production Company Now Casting Cousin Couples!

• Old Timer

After talking about this last night. Amanda and I are going to have to pass. We feel our kids are at that age where bullying is at its peak. We just don't feel that's' something we are ready for them to have to go though at this age in life.

I do very much look forward to seeing this sometime in the future.

Thanks,

• Administrator

nsdc, i do understand. but i gotta say this... when mark and i started doing media interviews, our first appearance was on the montel williams show, and my then 13 year old daughter went on the show with us. it's interesting what happens when a kid gets on tv. she'd already been teased and picked on because i'd married my cousin just a year earlier in a town where everybody knows everyone. but once she went on tv, the bullying came to an instant halt and she became a little mini-celebrity among her peers at school.

• Old Timer

Ill have to get Amanda in here to voice her concerns. I have a different opinion on the idea. But being she is my 1 and only, i have to side with her when it comes to concerns. Ill ask her to chime in on the subject.

But i do see what you are saying LadyC.

• Administrator

it's ok.... i think that what we experienced after going on tv is actually the typical reaction that most teens would get. but as a mom, i totally understand the desire to not expose kids to any discomfort. sadly though, we can't. bully's come in all shapes and sizes and will find anything to pick on. for ME, getting the truth out there and trying to change the negativity surrounding the subject was worth the risk of giving a bunch of school kids yet another excuse to be cruel... it was a gamble, and one that i'm glad i took, because it turned out exactly how i hoped.

that doesn't make amanda's concerns any less valid, though.

just curious... how old are the kids? mine were just turning 12 and 13 at the time.

Totally understand the concerns! As LadyC mentioned, this could be a positive thing for the whole family. I absolutely want you all to understand that the "casting process," is simply a 30 minute Skype interview that we will NOT air (for internal casting use only). If your story is selected, then producers will contact you with the other details (shooting schedule, payment for you and your partner, etc.) and then if you and your partner feel that this is not what you want, then you can decline to move forward. That simple.

*By auditioning, at least you have the option if/when the time comes to move forward. Without auditioning, there is no option.

Email me! [email protected] ~Kelley

• Administrator

luvmykel, i'm assuming that, as with other productions, you are not legally able to air ANYTHING without a written consent form, right? shows i've been on in the past have always had legal forms that had to be filled out before hand. maybe that will give some piece of mind to those who might consider an interview...

I've been sharing some of my stories (anonymously) on sites such as Experience Project with like-minded individuals, giving encouragement and support to those that feel they are alone in their love for their cousin. I have even guided some people to look at resources found here. Tonight I received a private message from someone claiming to be from Core Media Group. Is this the same opportunity?

• Administrator

Zach, yes it is one and the same opportunity :)

I've been sharing some of my stories (anonymously) on sites such as Experience Project with like-minded individuals, giving encouragement and support to those that feel they are alone in their love for their cousin. I have even guided some people to look at resources found here. Tonight I received a private message from someone claiming to be from Core Media Group. Is this the same opportunity?

• 1 month later...

With the unconsistent emails..    im hesitant and in doubt about this. Is there any emails like that for a telvsion show? It shud be only one and  forml. Not like that. And may i know the specifuc nme of their tv show? I nver heard about it not evn familiar to me.

• Administrator

the show is still in the planning stages, so it has no name yet. but you have heard of the network that is wanting to produce the show... lifetime television network. and if you've ever worked with tv shows, they have a whole herd of producers, usually very young, and usually with a high turnover rate. the fact that this one has had multiple producers contact us doesn't surprise me in the least. (and i HAVE had plenty of experience with working with tv shows.)

all that being said, i'm pretty sure by now they have probably scrapped the whole idea due to lack of willing participants.