• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pepe

How I live now 2013 Movie

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

17 posts in this topic

Hello CC friends,

Just watched  "How I live now 2013 Movie" Daisy (Saoirse Ronan), a New York City teenager with neuroses and mild anorexia, is sent to the English countryside for the summer to stay with her British cousins, Edmond (George MacKay), Isaac (Tom Holland) and Piper (Harley Bird). She arrives at Heathrow Airport to tightened security and military personnel guarding the checkpoints, along with reports of a bombing in Paris, revealing a worsening world crisis, before being driven to her cousins' farm by Isaac. Although initially reluctant to interact with them, Daisy finds herself warming up upon learning that her deceased mother used to stay there frequently. She also falls in love with Eddie, her eldest cousin, finding him to be as introverted and strong-willed as her. A few days after her arrival, her aunt flies to Geneva to attend an emergency conference, and the group take advantage of her absence to explore their local woodlands...I like it. Like my cousin, she was 16 and I was 18 when we met and fell in love...

I'm yet to either buy it on DVD or i might join Netflix for just ?5 a month  :smiley:  Seems a good movie when i watched a clip of it on youtube  :smiley:

yes ive seen that too. its such a nice movie. i love watching it .i can relate coz we're on the same track. . . first cousins. . i can relate with all rhe thibgs they did. hehe

I tried watching it with the link but not working on my laptop. Doesn't matter though because i'll buy it on DVD, seems worth watching over & over again anyway since its got such good reviews  :smiley:

nessa76

It's now on Netflix & Redbox...and definitely worth watching.  I appreciate how understated the "cousin thing" was throughout the film. It is a love story, plain and simple.

Nessa it is the best I have seen so far. You can watch it free streaming online but you can buy it for ?2 or ?3 online at Amazon etc.

Get it on DVD it is bloody awesome. ;)

Thanks to (gotitGOOD) for this link to the free online stream of it, beware it may make you teary eyed.

http://ffilms.org/how-i-live-now-2013/

It's beautiful.

I just watched it. It's not on my list of movies to watch again. Too intense and creepy. Now I'm off to watch the Godfather pt. 2 ...

Naa I don't like sci-fi/fantasy type movies. Jude did have some creepy parts, but the acting was generally great and I could relate to the guy perusing his cousin.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0