• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ttyana

"Cousin" books to read!!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

20 posts in this topic

I'm a fanatic of literature and all that surrounds it, so of course I seek out a variety of themes, including our very own "cousin" love stories. I've read a few posts here and there with marvelous suggestions and I've already started to read the few that I was not aware of. But I was wondering if there are any other books?

I've already encountered Mansfield Park, Jude the Obscure, Right From Wrong, The Disgraceful Mr. Ravenhurst, Granite Island, My Old True Love Story, Refuge, Meet Me Under the Ombu Tree.. (At least those are what I can name off the topic of my head)

I've been dying to read The Thunder Calls but sadly it is no longer available  :(

Suggestions are kindly accepted!

Thank you so much, and happy readings!

Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott.  Nerve by Dick Francis.

You didn't miss any literature in The Thunder Calls - very poorly written. 

The Alcott books are on the Gutenberg Project - my favorite web site! :biggrin:

Nat

I forgot to add Celia's House by D. E. Stevenson - my all time favorite author! :biggrin:

Nat

Thank you! That will definitely keep me entertained  :biggrin:

Also try "No Marriage of Convenience(Avon romantic treasure)" by Elizabeth Boyle.It mentions in there cousins and I think they're also royalty if you consider the lord/lady titles.I thought it was just another romantic story involving 2 strangers getting to know each other and then somehow at the end of the book,end up totally in love with each other but this was actually cousins meeting that had no clue about each other.

Two absolutely wonderful novels are by Syrell Rogovin Leahy: Family Truths and Family Ties.  (It's the same family, same cousin-love in both books.)  A lifetime of loving and longing.  Both are out of print but available used through Amazon.

After reading some of the posts above, I got Meet Me Under the Ombu Tree and just finished reading it.  I think it's fantastic!  :smiley:  And I've just started Jude the Obscure.  So many of the other suggestions are out of print and there don't seem to be any used copies floating around.  :(

Right from wrong by Cindy Bonner, I searched for this book (hard to get in the UK).

I read it and loved it then I sent it to my Cousin who also read and loved it. 

There's this book trio I want to get and I haven't read but want to read. It's called the 'Indiana Cousins' series by Wanda Brunstetter. It's a 3 book Amish series and it's also in the christian book category.I don't know what time period it takes place in but it's Amish.

really.... the cousins were cleaning ducts for a living and fell in love over the dust bunnies? alrighty then. listen, we don't allow spammers here, but yours was at least kinda amusing. showed a little creativity, unlike the usual spamming we get, so i'll leave your post here. but i'm banning you.

I was a big fan of VC Andrews growing up and the Logan series has a cousin romance in it. I think it was called Melody.

Are there not any other books which are non-fiction or biographies about cousin relationships? I know about Right From Wrong and the Kissing Cousins: A new kinship bestiary book.

there are a lot of harlequin romances about cousins, if you can stomach harlequins.

you can also try to find a copy of the gabriel hounds, but i think it's out of print.

and mansfield park. by jane austen. you could just watch one of the many versions of it on netflix if you don't want to read it.

Not sure if you were replying to me but if you were thank you. I'm male though so those sound a bit womanly, I meant more based on true events type books, though I'd be open to an excellent fiction book, I haven't read fiction for a long time though. I will take a look at those which you suggested.

well you might enjoy gabriel hounds most... it's a bit of a mystery book set in london or somewhere if i remember correctly. and right from wrong that someone mentioned, and jude, might be more appealing to you. jude was actually made into a movie... it had kate winslet in it. it wasn't a fairy tale story, which is why you might like it. right from wrong wasn't a fairy tale mushy story either.

Ok thanks. Ah yeah I ended up watching the movie version of jude a few months ago, was pretty ok could relate to it a lot, though the ending was pretty surprising.

Dick Francis was a former jockey who rode for the Queen Mother.  He wrote some very great books after he retired from racing.

Nat

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0