• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nessa76

Glycolic Home Kit

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

7 posts in this topic

I'm buying a 30% glycolic acid home kit on Thursday, next week. Has anyone used it and if so, how did you find the results?

nessa76

i don't even know what it's for!

ok i looked it up. i've never tried one. i have tried home microderm abrasion kits though. i'd say it depends on your reason for wanting to use one. i know a while back, my tired old skin on my face was constantly flaking. i couldn't wear makeup without it looking really crappy because of all the flakiness. i wondered about asking my dermatologist whether a peel or something might help. but then i found this 'recipe' online and decided to try it, and it solved my problem.... granted, it won't work for all skin types, but it helped for me. i made a paste (not too dry, but not runny either) of coconut oil and baking soda. it was awesome. it felt like i was applying a mild microderm abrasion thing. coconut oil and baking soda are both really great cleansers by themselves... but baking soda will dry your skin out if used alone, at least over time. the coconut oil balances that out. it will soften and moisturize your skin, and it absorbs quickly.

but don't overdo it with it. i was using it about every other day for about a month, but by then the ph balance of my skin had changed. once a week is plenty now, and if i use it more often than that, my skin gets oily. of course, the summer weather might be a factor in that.

I've never used the coconut oil & baking soda before. I might try it if i get no results from the glycolic acid but it does have great/excellent reviews.

If a well respected dermatologist recommended the coconut oil & baking soda, then it must/should work but like you said everyone is different.  I have tried microdermabrasion before (home kit) but not had time to use it enough to get the results needed.

My skin feels dry now and again, so i want smoother skin but smoking for me could be the reason. I can't say due to the sun because we hardly ever get any over here in the UK lol

I will keep you posted once i get results or not with the glycolic acid.

nessa76

Well i used the 30% Glycolic Peel earlier today and my skin is glowing, feels softer even with it being just my 1st application. I will apply it again next week for 3 mins, following week for 4 mins and so on...  Seems like it'll be giving me good results, think then i'll move on to the 50% and possibly the 70% Gylycolic Peel.

I'm glad my 24 hour test patch went well, otherwise what a waste of money it'd have been but its a hell of a lot cheaper than going to a salon or dermatologist, so all is good so far.

nessa76

I know, unfortunately the 50 & 70% is only sold to professionals from where i bought the 30% one from but i have found another website that sells those other strengths. A little more expensive but a lot cheaper than what a salon costs, even if treatment is on a special offer (discount).

nessa76

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0