• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Serendipity

Funny...Sorta

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

My Mom has always been a bit of an enigma to me.  I love her, don't get me wrong, but her religious beliefs have always been a point of contention between us - I believe in God, just not in the same way she does - and she, unfortunately, has little tolerance for that.  But she's in her 80's, so out of respect for her, I try to stay off the topic of religion as much as possible around her. 

Now, my cousin and I have been seeing each other for almost a year now and living together for almost 4 months.  And yes, I did tell her about the living arrangement.

This Thursday, my oldest daughter is coming home for a few weeks of summer break.  Below is a conversation I had with my mom in regards to my daughter's stay:

Mom:  So what are you going to do when C comes home?  Where will she sleep?

Me:  In the spare room.

Mom:  Oh, well, where will T sleep?

Me:  Where he's been sleeping all along.

Mom:  Where's that?

Me:  Ummm, with me....

The scowl and sigh I received were priceless, but she was classy enough not to lecture me.

Seriously?  Well, at least that topic is out in the open. 

LOL, it could have gone much worse! sounds like her scowl was because you are having sex, not because of who it's with!

You hit the nail on the head, Lady C.  The cousin thing is still a bit difficult for her, and I knew that she would have a problem with the living together but not married arrangement.  But WOW!  I just didn't think I'd have to spell it out for her. 

Gotta love my mom....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0