• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grlzdntp00p

Just found out!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

I'm married to my best friend and we have a beautiful baby girl together. Yesterday, we found out that we are realated - third cousins once removed. That makes our daughter my fourth cousin. Hubby is completely okay with it, but I'm having some issues. We live in a small town, where everybody knows everybody, and I can't help but feel embarrassed every time I step out of my door. I never thought I would have such mixed feelings about the best things to every happen in my life!! I love them both so much and I don't want this to ruin anything. Maybe I just need a little boost. Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

RELAX!!!!  You are more distantly related than most couples!  Second cousins are legal anywhere in the world.

Take a deep breath and check out the information on our site.

Celebrate the relationship and BRAG ALL YOU WANT!

Enjoy your lovely daughter and have a wonderful life!!!

HUGS

Nat

oh goodness. so you live in a small town and everybody knows everything. LOL, YOU didn't know. so unless you tell them, THEY won't know either!

listen... my husband and i (first cousins once removed) grew up in a small town. everybody knew exactly when their neighbor went to the bathroom. it was a very small town... and then as an adult, i moved back to my home town with my own kids. still a small town, and my kids were growing up and going to school with the children of the people i went to school with. even some of their school teachers were the same ones that had taught both mark and myself.

think anyone blinked? not really. the adults didn't care. they really didn't even remember that mark and i were related in the first place. it DID get out though, because mark and i went on national television and told our story. funny thing, it made my kids instant celebrities for about 15 minutes... especially my oldest daughter who went on the show with us.

and still, the adults didn't really blink at all. in fact, shortly after our appearance on the montel williams show, two of the other neighborhood moms commended me for my bravery. one of those women was the mother of my youngest daughter's best friend and my oldest daughter's future first husband.... turns out that her ex-husband happened to be her first cousin once removed. the other woman was the mother of my other daughter's best friend, and her parents had been first cousins. also from our small town was another couple who had once been married and divorced... they were secon cousins... and to ME, the husband in that couple was one of my first cousins once removed and the wife was a second cousin to me.

your husband is right not to be the least bit concerned about this. and really, you shouldn't be either. just relax! it's not such a big deal after all! :)

Thank you both very much! :)

Hubby's parents and my grandma all knew, they just didn't want to say anything because they didn't want to ruin our happiness. They are good people and they have accepted our relationship, even with the knowledge. I guess I just need to get over it, lol. Everybody else in our life seems to be totally fine. :)

I am still worried about baby girl growing up and getting picked on by her classmates, though. Kids can be cruel.

why would her classmates ever even find out? third cousins is really very distant. even if she did a family tree in school (or brownies) it wouldn't be extensive enough to indicate that you and your husband were related.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0