• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deige89

ideas on getting married

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

2 posts in this topic

My first cousin and I have been thinking lately about getting married. We want the family there, but problem is most more than likely will not show. Our dads are brothers, so we share the same last name. My side of the family won't tell anyone who I'm dating because once they say his last name the person usually either makes a relation joke or asks. We recently miscarried our first child and since then my side will not talk to us at all.

To sum it up, they are ashamed. His side don't agree, but since we have been dating 3.5 years and living together 3 of them, they are accepting of our relationship. We thought about eloping then telling them what we did, but apart of us is holding on to the fact that everyone would come and be accepting and respectful of our relationship.

Anyone have this issue, or how did everyone get married?

Thanks!!

well, mark and i had the family support on both sides.... and yet we chose a simple ceremony in my living room with only my mother and father there to witness it. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0