• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
KC

Have a favorite band for at least a decade?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

11 posts in this topic

This is for our older members. Most of the music I listened to as a teen got old, even my favorite bands from that era, I can't listen to anymore. However a few bands are still my favorite and their songs never get old. In fact I have listened to Jackson Browne every day for the past 30 years! Another Christian band I have listed to every day for a decade at least.

So, what band(s) never get old to you and how long has you listened to them? No videos please.

I grew up listening to a wide variety of music. I love blues, blues rock, and a lot of classic country from the 50's through the 70's.

I can listen to Savoy Brown, Etta James, The Guess Who, The Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule, Gary Moore, Merle Haggard, Don Williams, George Jones, Johnny Rivers and several other artist without tiring of them daily.

There's more than a few that I once appreciated that now cause me mental distress. The first that comes to mind, anything that John Fogerty appears in makes my skin crawl! 

I absolutley love listening to Frankie Valle and the Four Seasons!  And yes "Jersey Boys" the movie is on my list.

I am a big country music fan. Like ChuckD from the 50's to 90's.  Not so much of the new stuff now.

And King George (Strait) is the KING!!!!

Chuck D,

I'm with you on the blues/blues rock/Southern rock, but not near as much on the country. I guess Dad burnt me out on it as a kid. I do like some Hank Jr, and some of the more "outlaw" country guys. The Good Widow likes country, but most of the "pop" country today has the same effect on me that Fogerty has on you, LOL.

I listen to what I consider new bands, even though most of them are from the 90's. Alice in Chains, Soundgarden/Audioslave, and older Queensrych for the Seattle sound. Tesla for the "70's, blue jean throwback" factor. Some Youtube vids of the power ballads from the hair bands from the late 80's/90's, for visual comic relief and ear candy.

I've also been watching vids of one of the best Fender benders of all time, Robin Trower. Since it's raining here today, I'll probably have to find one of Long Misty Days, and I'm sure I'll watch Plant & Page doing "The Rain Song" from the No Quarter DVD set. Just Awesome.

oh my gosh... and i don't even listen to music that much anymore. but when i do, i love the classic rock and country! merle is just as awesome as pink floyd. queensryche and the who and the grateful dead can be as enjoyable to listen to as waylon and willie. and on my spotify, i have a whole category for 70's soft rock stuff.

and i love heart and stevie nicks.... just as much as i love little big town.

and yanni..... can you believe i've seen yanni 5 times in concert? love yanni! and i love basia.... who here even knows who basia is? i even took the kids to see her when they were little.... it was the most memorable concert i took them to in their young years. a security guard walked the girls up to the stage, and basia waved and winked at them. it was awesome.

oh, and i like a wide variety of christian music. i even like some blues... kenny wayne shephard is really great to see perform if you ever get a chance.

oh heck. i forgot to mention carly.

nobody does it better than carly!

As for female artists, along with the Queen Etta James there are several I never seem to tire of hearing.

Joni Mitchell, Carol King, Alison Krauss, and Joan Osborne are never far away.

Music has been my escape for many years. 

The first time i saw Joan Osborne doing a rendition of a Motown song, it was an instant love connection.

The outlaw county singers never get old. Steve Earl, Waylon Jennings, and Merle Haggard are my favorite country singers. I remember my teenage friends used to tease me endlessly.

Since I got married, a switch flipped somehow. I got turned on to grunge/alternate R&R and alt Christian rock and never looked back. I think rock from the 80's really sucked, except a few hair bands like Cinderella and Quiet Riot, maybe the Red Hot Chillies. They're only a handful of songs I like from that decade.

Being 37, I probably dont have as much experience as some of you. My musical tastes however, are extremely wide and varied. I love classical, Chopin, Mozart, Handel.....amazing. I also listen to some a lot of people consider strange, bjork, portishead. I love classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal, and punk. I absolutely love anything with a good guitar. The guitar speaks to my soul. Steel guitar, punk guitar, heavy metal or blues. Eric Clapton, is amazing, as well as buddy guy, Stevie ray Vaughn. If it has a good guitar, I love it. Lately I'm addicted to volbeat.

Pink Floyd is my all time favourite. I'll never get enough of Tracy Chapman or Nina Simone either. Loads of English bands such as Maximo Park, and The Manic street preachers....they're pretty recent though.

Could go on and on!

I'm 27. I can remember listening to Michael Jackson's "Black or White" when I was 4 years old and he's remained my favorite singer ever since. Totally out of left field but my favorite band has always consistently been Nirvana. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor