Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Philip

Cousin once removed-Advice!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I need some help on a topic.  I am in love with my cousin's daughter, or cousin once removed. I see you guys are okay with cousin marriages. I was wondering what is your take on cousin once removed relationships? Also, what does state and religion (canon) laws say about cousin once removed relationships? Any insights would be great. Thanks!

Regards

well i've been married to my first cousin once removed for 15 years now. canon law applies (if i'm not mistaken) only to first cousin marriages, and even then you can get dispensation for a small monetary fee. but since you're first cousins once removed i don't think you even have to do that.

Isn't your first cousin's child technically considered a "second cousin"?

If I'm not mistaken, quite a few states that don't allow first cousin marriage allow it if you are second cousins. 

ALL states allow second cousins to marry. that's legal anywhere in the world. but no, the child of your first cousin is your "first cousin once removed".

second cousins are the children of two respective first cousins.... equal distance down the family tree.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0