<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
Sign in to follow this  
nessa76

Genetic Sexual Attraction?

I didn't get into this thread before, but, since it's been "Lazarus'd", I'll play.

I do think there's something to GSA. What, or exactly how it plays out, I'm not sure. Me and mine, being 2nd cousins, SHOULD, by all of our genetic study facts, be far enough blood that it wouldn't come into play. And, as kids, it didn't. Now, I DID have a crush on her older sister, but I think that was as much a function of how cute she was (still is, BTW) and how cool she was, (again, still is) as any sort of GSA. Me and Cuz have always been close, I think, because of the fact that we were born one week to the day apart. When our mothers explained that to us when we were 8 or 9 years old, we instantly became "best cousins" and have been that way ever since. 

Our lives up to that point couldn't have been more different. They had traveled the world. I'd not been very far out of Southern Illinois. I went to Chicago when I was about 3, and it seemed like a whole different world. (It IS, but, I digress. You all are getting a taste of it with this President, I doubt I need say more. That is why I always say SOUTHERN Illinois, LOL) I had no desire to ever go back, and other than briefly once about 5 years ago, I haven't. They had pictures of them at the Pyramids, living in what would be considered palaces, summer vacays in Paris, at the Eiffel Tower, seeing the sights big time. I spent my summers being Huck Finn at the creek, about two blocks from the house. But, once we met, those differences didn't matter. We knew our Moms were close, and when we found out that we'd been in their bellies at the same time, we had a connection. We'll be 52 next month, and just a couple years ago, our Moms told us we were actually born on each others' due date. SHE should have been born a week before me. Even at 50, I stuck my tongue out at her.  :tongue:  :evil:

Even as far out as second cousins though, I know at least with us, there's SOMETHING bigger going on. We've always finished each others sentences. We've always somehow just known what the other was thinking. Our Moms saw it, commented on it, then told us about how close in age we were. It was like a light bulb clicked. Like "Ah, OK, that must be why I like you so much." Even as kids, when there was no hint of the "S" part of the GSA, there was "GA" of some sort going on. Even after our "moment" at 20, and almost 30 years of awkward estrangement that followed, once we reconnected, it was like when we were young again. We STILL finished each others sentences, and looked at each other and rolled our eyes at the same time when someone (usually family, at a family function) had some sort of brain fart. We like a lot of the same music. We like a lot of the same food. We LOVE our coffee, and pretty much, fixed the same way. Just a huge list of things in common that are a little much for pure coincidence. So much so that any sort of Westermark effect was negated. For several years when we were tweens to early teens, we were almost like siblings. They lived right across the street, and we all played together every evening after school, and all summer long. We'd met.

So, yeah. I think there's something to it, but just what, I can't put my finger on. And, I'm sure it plays out differently with different people and situations.....

If you have not already, I strongly recommend that you read Koi Kaze.

It is a Japanese manga that explores the nature of GSA in a very heartwarming,

beautiful, believable and serious manner.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/koi_kaze

Thanks carthapango, i will read it once i've the time to. Glad its heartwarming and a decent read :smiley:

nessa76

Many of the predicaments and struggles that the characters face resemble those which we also have to deal with as cousin couples. I think as far as Art goes in its purpose to inspire the exploration of our emotions, this is a very fine gem that you can get for free (thanks to the scanlator team!)

We are first cousins - our dads are brothers about a year apart in age. We met when I was a month old and he was 6 years old. Cute, right? Saw each other a couple of times in the following 4 years but only a couple times and nothing him or I remember. Then when he was 10 (I was 4) he moved all the way across the country. We didn't see each other in person for the next 7 years but his dad sent us a couple pictures over the years and I just had the biggest crush on my 'hot older cousin'... Then when they visited when he was 17 and I was 12 going on 13 I was totally smitten by him. I was infatuated but so shy around him. I remember a family photo being taken and trying to discreetly be near him in it. And when him and all the other older cousins were chatting about teenage stuff I knew nothing about yet I remember him trying to include me in the conversation and me just being so intimidated by him. Little did I know he was thinking that I was cute and turning into a pretty young women. Then we didn't see each other again til the summer I was turning 18. He was 24 and had just had baby #2 with his ex. This time my dad and I had traveled across the country to see them. I was so head over heels for him at this point. He took me out dog sledding in Alaska and I kept thinking all the things I wanted to do with him but kept telling myself that it was wrong to think that way because he was my cousin. And I remember my dad telling me that he thought I was really cool and fun to be around and that made me so happy. Then another 10 years went by till we saw each other again - me being 26 and unhappily married and him being 32 and going trough a horrible divorce. We hit it off as though we had spent our entire lives together, not just a couple of encounters over our lives. I felt so connected to him. I wrote a journal entry I still like to read often because it hits the nail on the head. We were just so instantly connected to one another. We've never felt a bond so deep. We went out to dinner one night, still as 'just cousins', and were joking about if the waitress thought we were friends, a couple or if she thought we looked enough alike to be related. This was at the point we were admitting our feelings to one another but not quite ready to come out about it. Then we found this site and did tons of additional research and made sure we were very well versed on the topic before totally diving into this life we have made together. I can say that I whole heartedly agree with all of you who are saying that GSA makes for a more intense attraction and therefor love than I've ever experienced. We were just telling each other tonight how what we have is once in a lifetime and that its sad that most people live their lives without feeling this type of passionate, reciprocated, unconditional love. We feel truly blessed to have found this love we've found in one another. Be it GSA or whatever else is at play here... It is truly a blessing which we never try to take for granted. He's my everything and I'm his <3

so are you still unhappily married? because you can't be happily together if either of you are still married.

Guest babi

Yup its true my cousin and I (1st cousins) lgrew apart but we always feel attracted to each other, the couple of times we saw each other the feeling was so intense we ended up living together almost two years ago madly in love

Guest Peaches

I have to say, this is incredibly fascinating!!!

I met some of my first cousins (our parents were fraternal twins) for the first time when I was 16. Instantly it was like... A lightning bolt when I laid eyes on one in particular. The most intense attraction I have EVER felt towards someone, even to this day almost 10 years later. I've never felt like that again, it was completely soul consuming and continued to be like that for years. We dated for two years before we broke it off. No one but his siblings knew, though I suspect my mother was suspicious of it (and genuinely hated me visiting over there).

All this time, I just thought there was maybe something wrong with me.

And then just a few minutes ago, I learned about GSA and looked it up, and now here I am... And it's amazing! Feels so great not to be alone in this situation. Perhaps if I'd found this website sooner, our relationship would have lasted. As it is, the pressure of keeping it hidden and facing possible ostracization, and having no one to talk to about it killed it for us.

I saw him for the first time in 6 years a few months back, and I won't lie. There was a definite attraction still there.

Guest Fitz150

My 1st cousin and I knew each other up until 4yrs old. We only made contact and met again 40yrs later.

We enjoy a great life as a couple. We were very 'intimate' right from the start and continue to be  :kiss:

My cousins friends know about us. My friends and close family don't because I moved countries so we could be together. My cousins close family may suspect because we live together in the same town. But they are either oblivious to it or are very happy with it because we are treated no different - we do 'curb' our relationship when we are around them.

We are soooo in love and are absolute soul mates. For the first 44 years of my life I didn't know happiness and love like this existed - let alone that it would happen to me.

I would die for My Lovely Cousin and Life Partner.

I had a crush on my first cousin when i was a teenager but we never acted on it. Now about 20 years later i still have feelings for him. I am so attracted to him. I am 44 and he is 46. We communicate so well. I want to be with him so bad my heart aches but my family will kill us both. We are both american. I am so confused.

your family doesn't get a vote. why give them that much control over your life? THEY will get over it.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:41 PM, scgirl said:

I had a crush on my first cousin when i was a teenager but we never acted on it. Now about 20 years later i still have feelings for him. I am so attracted to him. I am 44 and he is 46. We communicate so well. I want to be with him so bad my heart aches but my family will kill us both. We are both american. I am so confused.

I say scgirl, if you really care about him then go ask him out, but it's all up to you.